Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know where else to come and post an introduction thread, but my name's Chris and I'm new here! I'm 17 years old, I'm a senior in high school, and old cars are my main hobby. I'm going to vocational school for Auto Technology and I want to make a living by working on cars.

This is my car, your basic 66 Mustang with a lot of bells and whistles. It's your basic 6 cylinder automatic coupe with a lot of surprises.

It's got a 200 ci engine with a 1968 Select-Shift C4 and a 3.20 open rear end out of a 3 speed. It has a Holley 5200 (weber 32/36) 2 barrel carb, cold air induction, Pertronix ignition, 40000 volt Flamethrower coil, 1968 distributor, Clifford split headers, turbo mufflers, and a 2.25 inch dual exhaust system with chrome tips.

I redid the interior. Pretty much everything in here is new except the headliner. This picture doesn't really do it justice. The guards on the side of the seats are still old, and I DO have rubber floor mats now.

I painted the car in my garage a couple years ago, and all chrome is new. New emblems, bumpers, tail light bezels, etc. The turn signals are also sequential LEDs. I still need new rocker panel moldings since mine are showing some abuse. The wheels aren't actual wheels - they're wheel covers.

I put 8,000 miles on this car this summer alone. My first date was in this car, my first kiss was in this car, my first speeding ticket was in this car, my friends love riding around 4 deep and looking cool around town. I just love this car. Sucks that it's parked for winter right now. This was a great learning experience, a great bonding experience with my dad, and it's really what sparked my intrest in cars in general. My dream car is a 66 Fairlane or Falcon (black) with a small block V8, which will be sitting in my garage next to my Stang one day in the future.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice car my first was a 66 coupe . Still got it 22 years later and in the middle of a restore as we speak. Got pics on here also. Keep the car forever. I know several people that kick theirselves for selling theirs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts