Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I'm new here i just got a 92 thunderbird lx with 5.0 HO in it with 15000 original miles its like new have a few questions like are there many aftermarket perfomance parts available and where can i find them and does anyone have an idea how much its worth with such low miles haven't seen another in such good condition any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Welcome to the board! I am sure your answer will come along soon! 5.0 performance parts are about as numerous as Japanese cars on U.S. roads so you won't have a hard time finding what you need.

Gave a nice day!

Best Regards,

Rubber Buddah

·
Registered
420 Posts
The 91-93 Tbird 5.0 is VERY close to the 94-95 Mustang 5.0, with the exception of the water pump/fan, and exhaust manifolds. The exhaust systems are completely different, the Bird uses 5x4.25 bolt pattern compared to 5x4.50 bolt pattern, and the Bird has IRS. You can get detailed information and help at www.tccoa.com

These are very nice cars, but do take a little extra to get around these difference, and not many suppliers for the MN12 series parts.

About the only Mustang I would trade my Bird for, would be a new GT500.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies hey 392 are you a member of that club i think i'll join if its worth it it looks like it might be, whats you opinion

·
Registered
420 Posts
Great source of information. Like any forums, you always find some one that is a **** head. I was a user for a year before I joined. It is the best source for information on these cars.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Welcome!
I recently purchased a '92 Thunderbird Sport project that I'll be putting on the road next spring. As 392 bird said, tccoa is a great place to obtain info for your bird. I haven't been registered there long and have already learned a lot. How about posting some pics of that LX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts