Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to pick up my stored cars early as there is lots of flooding predicted in the near future. Of course I had to put on my new Magnum 500's and Cooper tires. I love this look. Cant wait until the snow melts!

Sherwin3501

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like it simple as well. Which leads me to my next question. Would it be too much to install a hood scoop? I dont want to over do it and go overboard with this.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I like it simple as well. Which leads me to my next question. Would it be too much to install a hood scoop? I dont want to over do it and go overboard with this.
Also, plus 1 on the raised white letter tires. Unless letters are too large, I always liked that look. (I had raised whites on my 94 TBird for quite a few years before the car went off into the sunset.)

As for a hoodscoop, I wouldn't, but if you do, I'd suggest the late 60's Torino scoop, not the CJ 428 scoop.

Too overpowering, IMHO.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the back end of my car look a little low? I think some shocks might be in order? I already have the scoop, and will take a pic with it set in place. After my morning java.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Does the back end of my car look a little low? I think some shocks might be in order? I already have the scoop, and will take a pic with it set in place. After my morning java.

Back looks a little lower than front. Shocks wont help unless you are planning to do air shocks or coil overs, otherwise new springs on the rear or cut a coil off the fronts. What kind of scoop do you have?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I like it, I vote for satin black to match the top.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
This one. Painted black or possibly the same color of the car. Dont know which way to go but my heart says black.

Body color makes it "fit in" rather than "stick out".

My heart says body color, but it's your heart that really counts.

Can't lose either way because of the black top.

And, just to muddy the waters up a bit, I'd consider a black GT type stripe from the front wheelwell to the rear wheelwell.

The car doesn't have a large chrome rocker molding, so the stripe wouldn't be overkill.

(I think there was a full size Ford GT model with a stripe, but not 100% certain (1968?).

Also, wasn't there a C stripe option on the big Fords similar to the 68 Torino GT?

Pale yellow body, black top, black stripe, black scoop? Could be a nice look, especially with the wheel/tire combo.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That car looks terrific with those wheels and tires!

I think the hood scoop in body color would be best.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Body color makes it "fit in" rather than "stick out".

My heart says body color, but it's your heart that really counts.

Can't lose either way because of the black top.

And, just to muddy the waters up a bit, I'd consider a black GT type stripe from the front wheelwell to the rear wheelwell.

The car doesn't have a large chrome rocker molding, so the stripe wouldn't be overkill.

(I think there was a full size Ford GT model with a stripe, but not 100% certain (1968?).

Also, wasn't there a C stripe option on the big Fords similar to the 68 Torino GT?

Pale yellow body, black top, black stripe, black scoop? Could be a nice look, especially with the wheel/tire combo.

I do like the GT stripe. I have priced it out to have that GT stripe copied, made and installed ($400). I just didnt know if I wanted my 70 to be confused with a 69?

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
suggestion- look at a comet/cougar eliminator scoop too- the shape straddles/fits the hood lines really well IMO. I found a nice eliminator scoop on ebay, they usually arent cheap though...first I bought a aftermarket piece, not good...looked great on my 69 mustang, the Mark VII, a little too big for my 06 mustangs stock flat hood, but looked pretty good on the aftermarket hood with the 69 center crease...really my favorite scoop ever.

I love your wheel/tire choice- my son bought cooper cobras for his mark VII, nice tires so far, cant go wrong with the magnums on a big 2 door ford, RWL tires need to comeback, I wish T/A Radials were available in 17" but if cooper made them Id be all over them too :)

as far as scoop in color or black, ask someone to photoshop it for you... I like the contrast of black, but on such a light color bodycolor might go better...a cointoss without actually seeing it, but either should look good.
Tim

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I think these cars look better with a bit of a rake. I liked the rake mine had before I installed new front springs, so I still have to cut the fronts to get back to where it was with the worn out springs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts