Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody.

New to this forum and thought I would say hi and check in. Picked up this 64 from a gentleman close to me in Carlsbad Ca. 100% original interior and original paint. Unfortunately the motor was replaced and now I have to live with the motor in the picture :)

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Congrats and beautiful car! I would love to check it out sometime, maybe meet for a cruise up the 101. I'm just down in La Mesa.

Again congrats and have fun!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Welcome! Nice car! Don't know if you are aware of the So-Cal Galaxie Car Club. Look us up on the net @ www.so-calgalaxies.com. Our meetings are held in Cerritos off of the 605 close to the Cerritos Auto Center. This months meeting is tomorrow @ 12:30 PM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All

Thanks for kind comments.

Very pleased with the car as it sits right now.

BH101 do you ever hit JBA's coffee and cars on the 2nd sunday of every month? They go from sunrise to about 10:00 a.m. I go every month and am never disappointed. Jay and his crew are a great bunch of guys and they like anything that shows up, old school or new school.

Thougth I'd add a few more pics of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
All

Thanks for kind comments.

Very pleased with the car as it sits right now.

BH101 do you ever hit JBA's coffee and cars on the 2nd sunday of every month? They go from sunrise to about 10:00 a.m. I go every month and am never disappointed. Jay and his crew are a great bunch of guys and they like anything that shows up, old school or new school.

Thougth I'd add a few more pics of the car.
Haven't been yet, seems like I always have something going on that morning. J is a great guy and good to do business with.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome! Nice car and beautiful blue color

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Ya' know...

I have been consecrating on this and do feel the value of the car is negated somewhat with that engine swap.

I might be willing to take it off your hands cheaply so as it can find a home where that will not be noticed or I will do a 223 swap... :frown:

It is a pretty SOB... :cry:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All

I must agree that the lack of sleepless nights and continuos worries that I may have set myself up for failure by NOT having cubic inches under the hood is starting to take its toll. Thankfully the previous owner has assured me that I will easily fit into all of the self help counceling groups, and with time I should be able to live with myself

But as so much that I am the constant "TEAM PLAYER" I will take this one for the team and prevent any other FM members from having to live with this sort of endless and continuous worry.

Thanks for all of the kind words and support.

·
Registered
133 Posts
hahahahaha man he scored with that CJ under the hood!
Oh btw FE if you havent seen yet my repair pics are up, and a video to hear the monster come alive 7.5L 460 under my hood =)

its always nice to have those cubic inches lol

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ok, all this talk about the engine...Give us the specs! What is it and how was it built?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The following is what I know and have paper work on. Motor has just under 2000 miles on it. It was built by a local builder that the previous owner knew.

1969 428 CJ block (I have the bill of sale, shipping docs and contact info from the engine seller)
Edelbrock Performer RPM heads
Edelbrock Intake
Edelbrock cam - still waiting on the cam card with specs from previous owner.
Edelbrock Water pump
Holley 850 carb
Holley fuel pump
Pertronix distributor
3 Core Radiator (putting a 17" Derale electric fan on it this weekend)
Factory exhaust manifolds ( I have a set of long tube headers that came with the car, but not sure if I will run them )
New C6 transmission
9 inch ford rear end (not sure of the gears yet)
2 1/2 inch exhaust through DynoMax mufflers
Front disc brake conversion........
Modern 17" American Racing wheels

Car runs and drives really nice.

Now for the heart breaker: I contacted the previous owner seeing if he was interested in a trade. At the time I had a 2005 GTO with the L92/L76 heads and intake combo built by JBA a few years ago (plus way to many other items to list or go into). At the time the gentleman that owned the car was looking for something a bit more modern and comfortable for him to drive. After a few meetings and much conversation we ended up trading straight up. The previous owner was in his mid 60"s and really put alot of time and money into this car. He had every receipt and maintenance records for the car. I also received the original rims and hub caps and multiple other items that came with the car.........

Just goes to show that it never hurts to approach / email / text or call somebody and introduce yourself.

Mel

·
Registered
419 Posts
The following is what I know and have paper work on. Motor has just under 2000 miles on it. It was built by a local builder that the previous owner knew.

1969 428 CJ block (I have the bill of sale, shipping docs and contact info from the engine seller)
Edelbrock Performer RPM heads
Edelbrock Intake
Edelbrock cam - still waiting on the cam card with specs from previous owner.
Edelbrock Water pump
Holley 850 carb
Holley fuel pump
Pertronix distributor
3 Core Radiator (putting a 17" Derale electric fan on it this weekend)
Factory exhaust manifolds ( I have a set of long tube headers that came with the car, but not sure if I will run them )
New C6 transmission
9 inch ford rear end (not sure of the gears yet)
2 1/2 inch exhaust through DynoMax mufflers
Front disc brake conversion........
Modern 17" American Racing wheels

Car runs and drives really nice.

Now for the heart breaker: I contacted the previous owner seeing if he was interested in a trade. At the time I had a 2005 GTO with the L92/L76 heads and intake combo built by JBA a few years ago (plus way to many other items to list or go into). At the time the gentleman that owned the car was looking for something a bit more modern and comfortable for him to drive. After a few meetings and much conversation we ended up trading straight up. The previous owner was in his mid 60"s and really put alot of time and money into this car. He had every receipt and maintenance records for the car. I also received the original rims and hub caps and multiple other items that came with the car.........

Just goes to show that it never hurts to approach / email / text or call somebody and introduce yourself.

Mel
Sounds great! Can't wait to check it out! As far as the cast long tube headers, I've been told that they aren't the best idea with aluminum heads, as they are pretty heavy and have been known to pull the inserts for the exhaust bolts out. If you open it up, which that engine could really use, go with traditional headers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts