Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its 2 am and I just drove down to Virginia from Detroit to pick up a new ride.
64 galaxie 500xl, z-code but with a 460, factory 4 speed. Has a few issues, but in decent shape. I Just thought I'd make my first post.

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride and the best year galaxie! Gonna get heck for that comment i'm sure. lol Happy to have another galaxie owner aboard, lots of good people here. Don't forget to post a pic when you can, you will get pestered til you do. :)

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Its 2 am and I just drove down to Virginia from Detroit to pick up a new ride.
64 galaxie 500xl, z-code but with a 460, factory 4 speed. Has a few issues, but in decent shape. I Just thought I'd make my first post.
Welcome...I got one also, not a z-code but it's an XL and it's a 460:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
welcome, great lookin car! I also have a 460 in my 65 Galaxie.. smooth engine. hope to see more of your project as it progresses.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I completed a re-power of my '63 Galaxie in 1995. I feel it's the natural upgrade for these cars. The 460 is out there in great numbers and are real torque monsters. It takes allot of grunt to get these big Galaxies moving and the 460 has the ability to make some serious grunt. Sure I've had some that don't agree, that is fine, I'll wait for them at the finish. Seeing the engineering feats that make this re-power work is always of great interest to me. I like to see them done as though they came from the factory that way.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Congrats from Northern Virginia. Just joined myself a month ago when I got my '63. Got mine in Maryland...not too far....by why aren't they ever where we live? LOL . Looks like a good car. It seems no matter what one gets, the work never stops. Don't worry about it. Just enjoy it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts