Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback, 10:1 289 w/ AFR’s, T5, 9” w/ 3.89:1 TT, Vintage Road Race Suspension
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What’s going on Ford Muscle Forums!?

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

I’m kind of making the rounds on several of the Mustang and Ford forums that I used to frequent, and I’ve always been a reader of the Ford Muscle Forums, but I guess I’ve never actually signed up until just now. Anyway, for those of you who are active on several forums, I apologize if this post feels like Spam. I’m just trying to get eyes on my Mustang project, and engage an “audience” for it on my YouTube channel.

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Grille

Here’s a brief run down on what I’m doing. I bought a Highland Green 1968 Mustang Fastback in October of 2017. This has been my dream car since I was 14 years old. My wife (then girlfriend) and I were in New Orleans drinking whiskey, and I guess I might have been showing off, but I bought the car on eBay, changed our return flight home to a flight to Lincoln Nebraska, and we drove the Mustang half-way across the country, home, to the San Francisco Bay Area of Northern California. It was epic! Though the car struggled to make it.

At that time, I started a FULL mechanical restoration of the car. Literally every single nut and bolt in the entire car, including every sub-assembly, has been touched by yours truly. And the best part is, is that that work had all supposedly already been done, but now it has been done “correctly”. And I LOVE the car! BUT, I can never leave well enough alone…

I’m torn between making this the most authentic Steve McQueen Movie-Mustang homage that there has EVER been, or going a little crazy with the car. Or maybe I’ll do both. I have a 390 FE sitting on a stand waiting to be rebuilt, but I also have a Cobra Weber intake, and four 48 IDA Weber’s. The car also has a full vintage-legal road race suspension, and is about to get a legit 1970 Boss 302 Trans Am racing brake system. I’m completely torn…

Anyway, please check out my YouTube video introduction, walk around of the car, and if you like what you see, toss me a subscription, and hit the comments on YouTube to let me know which way to take the project. I’m looking forward to documenting it all on “The Web”.

Here’s a link to the YouTube video:

Thanks for checking out this post!

Sincerely!!

- Casey

PS-These photos are all done by my neighbor, who is only a Junior in high school, but a VERY talented photographer. Check him out on Instagram at @jedhphoto. And I am on there as well, as @rev_casey_james. Thanks Again!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Love the 67/68 fastbacks. My buddy had one in high-school and we terrorized the town in that thing! I think he paid almost $500 for it back then.

·
Registered
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback, 10:1 289 w/ AFR’s, T5, 9” w/ 3.89:1 TT, Vintage Road Race Suspension
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the 67/68 fastbacks. My buddy had one in high-school and we terrorized the town in that thing! I think he paid almost $500 for it back then.
Thanks man! Yeah, my ‘65 coupe in high school was only like $3,000, and it was pretty cherry. It’s crazy how long ago that was now…

It was only a six cylinder car, but “terrorized the town” is still accurate. 😂😂😂

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks man! Yeah, my ‘65 coupe in high school was only like $3,000, and it was pretty cherry. It’s crazy how long ago that was now…

It was only a six cylinder car, but “terrorized the town” is still accurate. 😂😂😂
His 67 had a 289 and 3 speed on the floor. Headers and straight pipes dumping under the car. We always had to push start it in the Connecticut winter but it would always start!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For anybody interested/curious, I did a 3 part series on installing an Autopower Race Roll Bar and ‘66 style Shelby Rear Package Tray in a 1968 Fastback. I couldn’t find any pics/info online when I went to do this, so I figured these videos might be useful to some folks.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts