Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have been visiting for quite a while, I just finished a 331 with dss rotating assembly with upgraded gsx pistons. Comp xe274hr cam, AFR 185 competition pkg(pn 1426) comp gold roller rockers, and will be using an AED 650 carb.
Anyone have expierience with this cam and/or head pkg on a stroker?
Any hp estimates or feedback good or bad?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hi guys, I have been visiting for quite a while, I just finished a 331 with dss rotating assembly with upgraded gsx pistons. Comp xe274hr cam, AFR 185 competition pkg(pn 1426) comp gold roller rockers, and will be using an AED 650 carb.
Anyone have expierience with this cam and/or head pkg on a stroker?
Any hp estimates or feedback good or bad?
Depending on compression ratio you will be in the 430-450HP range at the flywheel. With that cam I would use the Air Gap intake or Stealth, RPM Performer.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Put put a victor jr intake on and more carb and if the compression is 10.5-11 you will make good power!
You will never make up the loss of Torque for the tiny amount of Horsepower it will pick up. He does not have enough cam for the victor intake to be worth using. That combo will be shifted around 6000-6300 RPM

·
Registered
210 Posts
As a point of reference, I have a DSS 331 with AFR 185 heads (1420, large cc), 600 vac carb, air gap and a comp cam xe266hr and dyno flywheel hp is 385. You shouldn't have a problem reaching mid 400s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You will never make up the loss of Torque for the tiny amount of Horsepower it will pick up. He does not have enough cam for the victor intake to be worth using. That combo will be shifted around 6000-6300 RPM
yea you right, i didnt notice the camshaft, i would go with a bigger cam and put the victor intake on it, you will def make 400+. its not just HP that gets a car down the track.......

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I'm running similar guts in my 347 (details in my Garage photos if you care to look). I'm running an RPM intake with a 750DP and my best guess is somewhere north of 450HP, but nothing to back that up until I make a dyno run on all 8! :eek:

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts