Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone.

I'm a brand new member checking in.
As of tonight, I am the proud, 3rd owner of this clean original '68 Galaxie 500 Fastback (390-2V, FMX).

I've known the seller for many years, and have been badgering him to sell it to me for a long time. Tonight, all that badgering paid off.

It hasn't been started in about a decade, so we trailered it home to my Dad's shop. The only obvious problems are a leaky wheel cylinder and a blown power steering hose (the reason it was parked many years ago)....Oh, and the MOTH BALL SMELL, that needs to go.

Anyway, this looks like a cool forum. I'm looking forward to spending some time here.

Joe G

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Everything looks good but that dodge pulling the trailer.

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum Joe!! Sometimes badgering works! Took me only 2 yrs where probably you longer, to get mine and i kept a little part of it in the closet til i could get the rest of it back. lol Nice looking ride!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Looks like a real original survivor :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, everyone.

One thing I noticed that doesn't seem original is the lack of emblem(s) on the decklid. Shouldn't it have a Ford emblem on the right rear corner?

Nice wheels Joe ! Has it got a name yet ???
Hadn't thought of that yet. I'm working on getting the moth ball smell out of it right now, so if that doesn't work out the car might become known as Ol' Stinky. Haha.

Joe G.

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Thanks, everyone.

Hadn't thought of that yet. I'm working on getting the moth ball smell out of it right now, so if that doesn't work out the car might become known as Ol' Stinky. Haha.

Joe G.
Or Granny's Dowry lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts