Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a chance to buy this 69 ranchero,351w,numbers matching,clean body,has gt grille,split bench,new headliner,auto trans,panels are faded but there,needs new carpet...iu like the looks of it but dont know what type value range it falls into.it has 73,000 original miles and fresh paint. Anybody give me you thoughts? S5033001.jpg

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's a nice looking ride, but as a ranchero owner/lover I know that its not worth a lot if money. If its solid, and rust free I would expect to see a 4-7 k price tag on it.

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
Numbers matching don't mean nuthin' on a car that they changed the grill or ANY of the original parts on.
It could have a Van 302 or a Mustang 351 Cleveland and still be worth about the same money + - $250 bucks... Just laying out the facts.

Fresh paint saves you about $5000 bucks. But... The car is really only worth about $4500, and combining the paint work don't double the value....

·
Registered
289 Posts
Great point FE! Numbers matching isn't worth anything unless it has a high demand. I own a '67 Falcon SportsCoupe numbers matching, but the demand here in the US is not the same as Australia. To be more realistic with the '69 Ranchero- in it's present condition it's about 4-5K.

For an original paint and a 302 engine, I've seen one on Craigslist for 4months at $1500 here in California. I think he ended up parting it out on his last Craigslist post.

Fresh paint saves you about $5000 bucks. But... The car is really only worth about $4500, and combining the paint work don't double the value....

·
Registered
241 Posts
On the bright side, I've go my 75, in moderate condition(that may be stretching it) insured for 12,000. If its ever totaled out, I'm gonna have to look very hard to make that value appear...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts