Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, just joined the community. New to Fords, came from the mopar family. Last hot rod was 65 Coronet with 528 Hemi. Learning about Fords now. Proud new owner of 64 Fairlane 500, 289 2bbl auto. Very nice specimen scored off e bay. 88K orig. miles. Starting new project with possible 454 Windsor power (see stroker forum project godzilla for info). Will be 4 speed top loader with narrowed 9 inch. Already learned a great deal from the tech archives here and other members posts. Will try and post updates on the build.
Florida Fairlane

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Beautiful!

welcome to the ford family

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm really happy with the car. It was better than I had expected, which is always a nice surprise. The roof evidently was repainted and the job was not very good as it's flaking off in spots.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice looking Fairlane!

See where the Mopar was sitting. :)

Jet
Pretty funny, actually it was (used auto trans fluid in the 4 speed and forgot to seal the fwd coutershaft!), that along with my other mopar, my 97 Dodge Cummins dually (of course diesels leak!)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome guys. Spending the day in the garage moving stuff around and throwing stuff out to try and get the car inside. That's one big problem in florida...no cellar, and you have to watch what you put in the attic as temps become unbelievable up there. So your garage becomes your catch all and storage place. Anyone need any 17" Goodyear slicks very cheap???

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys. Spending the day in the garage moving stuff around and throwing stuff out to try and get the car inside. That's one big problem in florida...no cellar, and you have to watch what you put in the attic as temps become unbelievable up there. So your garage becomes your catch all and storage place. Anyone need any 17" Goodyear slicks very cheap???
lol ill pass on the slicks but where in florida do u live? i ask cause the wife and i are planning on moving there in a few years time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol ill pass on the slicks but where in florida do u live? i ask cause the wife and i are planning on moving there in a few years time.
My wife and I live in Palm Coast, up in the north east part of the state. We're just 25 miles north of Daytona Beach and 25 miles south of St. Augustine, right along I-95. I love it here. Moved here in 1985 from New Jersey. Car and bike stuff all year round, but it does get pretty darn hot for a long time during the summer. Housing, taxes and insurance are cheap. No car inspection. Near the ocean and nice beaches.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
;) Just had to poke you a little bit. My best friend is a Mopar guy. Glad you came over to our side a little bit.

I can't talk much, all my cars leak oil. My Falcons 331 oil pan leaks like crazy, must be something I'm missing?

My 64 Fairlane is in Beverly Hills Florida with my Dad, He runs around with the Citrus County Cruisers. If you hit any runs over that way, you may see him. He has taken it to The Silver Springs Ford show the last 2 years.

Keep us posted on your build, sounds pretty cool!

Jet

·
Registered
734 Posts
My wife and I live in Palm Coast, up in the north east part of the state. We're just 25 miles north of Daytona Beach and 25 miles south of St. Augustine, right along I-95. I love it here. Moved here in 1985 from New Jersey. Car and bike stuff all year round, but it does get pretty darn hot for a long time during the summer. Housing, taxes and insurance are cheap. No car inspection. Near the ocean and nice beaches.
oh cool, we will probably be moving to Sarasota, bellow Tampa. cant wait.
housing compared to where i live now is not cheap in Florida lol no inspections huh? i like that. do they do smog for old cars?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh cool, we will probably be moving to Sarasota, bellow Tampa. cant wait.
housing compared to where i live now is not cheap in Florida lol no inspections huh? i like that. do they do smog for old cars?
Not sure where you live now, or what the housing prices are in Sarasota, but in Palm Coast there are nice 3br 2 car garage houses going for 70K left and right. Nope, no smog crap to worry about here. Cops just look for what they consider unsafe autos to pull over and look at.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
;) Just had to poke you a little bit. My best friend is a Mopar guy. Glad you came over to our side a little bit.

I can't talk much, all my cars leak oil. My Falcons 331 oil pan leaks like crazy, must be something I'm missing?

My 64 Fairlane is in Beverly Hills Florida with my Dad, He runs around with the Citrus County Cruisers. If you hit any runs over that way, you may see him. He has taken it to The Silver Springs Ford show the last 2 years.

Keep us posted on your build, sounds pretty cool!

Jet
Never a problem poking fun, I love to do it too. Not too many people laughed when I popped the hood on the coronet after getting dusted off by it though! More like shock on their face when they saw the engine bay filled with hemi. Not sure where Beverly Hills is in Fl. I looked up the Silver Springs show online and sorry I missed it last January. Of course I still had the mopar then. Will definetely attend next year. Hope there aren't 90% mustangs there though. That gets pretty boring. Like seeing all the camaros and chevelles at shows. Couple pics of my last companion....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Sweet! I dig the older square body Mopars. My buddy has a 67 Dart gt and a 66 Cuda. Would like to get a fast back cuda like his.

Beverly Hills is about 90 miles North of Tampa.

I'm not sure about Mustang Ratio at Silver Springs, But I think from what I've seen all cars are covered there. My Fairlane ended up getting in one of the last years Ford and Mustangs Magizines. Was just a pick from the SIlver Springs show. But made me happy!

Jet

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have all the motor parts on order for the "project Godzilla" build (see stroker fourms). A very large thank you goes out to Brian at AD Performance for his help putting the package together. I got to thinking over the weekend while at a car show with my buddy.....what I should do is leave the car as is, find some 15 inch steelie wheels, get the rear ones widened, and install some Galaxy hub caps, keeping the exterior plain jane and stock appearing. Only give aways would be the big tires on the back and the gauges mounted on the dash. Wow what a sleeper that would be.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thats a beautiful Fairlane you snagged!! And welcome to Florida, I am up in the NW about 50 miles from Panama City. Ron

PS...I am kinda a closet Mopar fan myself. Had a few nice ones back in the day,lol.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats a beautiful Fairlane you snagged!! And welcome to Florida, I am up in the NW about 50 miles from Panama City. Ron

PS...I am kinda a closet Mopar fan myself. Had a few nice ones back in the day,lol.
Thanks for the compliments on the car. I really like it. I've been here in Florida since 1985. I really enjoy it here. What do you drive? Do you ever get over to the east coast? Good to hear from another member in Florida.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts