Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my name is Jeff,I own a 72 Gran Torino Sport with a 69 429 ThunderJet/C6

I rejoined the forum under a new name as when I joined I had some 73 Gran Torino's but they got parted out as they were too far gone.
I have a progress thread of my car here but have to start a new one as I had to change my photo bucket albums names and killed the links so I will start a new Project thread and update it with some before during and current photo's and then post a link to the complete album as it will take an hour to load them all.
Old name was Kustom73GTS,but since I don't own a 73 anymore and I wanted a fresh start under the car I own and building

I lived in South Florida for 27 years but beginning of this year I moved back to New Jersey where I grew up to live close to the remaining family I have left as all my Florida family have passed except for a nephew and his family.
My sister moved back here in 2007 with my 2 nieces and me and my nephew were the only remaining one and now he is the last down there.

I'm enjoying what the north has to offer and been to two great shows
Cruisin' Ocean City Ocean City,MD and the Carlisle Ford National's in Carlisle,PA

I'm setting up a get together of cars for next year Carlisle Ford show and will be under my new facebook group banner
Muscle Cars,Motorheads & Mayhem
http://www.facebook.com/groups/mcmhm7412/
please feel free to send a request to join the group or contact me here for details about the Carlisle Ford National's June 7-9,2013 gathering of MCM&M members

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i'll be working on my Project threads as I now have 2 Gran Torino's
I picked up a 72 Gran Torino Wagon last month and It's soon to be my Daily Driver for awhile.
it's pretty much all original except for dual exhaust that was added recently

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
Welcome back. Maybe you should of picked a non-auto specific nic in case you start over again. Be a booger if you changed very often! lol I've finally gotten near home for the first time in 25 yrs myself. A 4 hr drive or so but a lot closer than traveling from the east to the west coast or so-cal.

Good luck on your project, will have to check it out when it's updated.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i'm good with this name as i wanted a 72 GTS for 25 years and they will burry me in this car so to speak as i will never sell it now that I have it.
The 73 formal was too far gone to build and couldnt locate a donor roof in Florida or close enough then bought a 73 Sport to combine with the good part from the formal but had financial expenses that kept me from affording the shipping of the car to Fl from Nebraska so after months of storing it for me we had to part out that car as well.
I borrowed the money from my brother to get the 72 Sport and it won't be going anywhere. I painted a 72 GTS 4spd bucket console car back in 1985 and fell in love with the cars and 25 years later I finally got one.
I won't need another name change as they will have to pry the keys from my cold dead hands when I die,LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is a few photo's of the GTS and wagon till I get the project threads up

this Photo just won Ride of the Month on Cool Fords.com for June

few more

the 72 Gran Torino wagon family owned car since new and has been in NJ since it was prurchased. All original,paint,interior and drivetrain
6C medium yellow gold with ginger vinyl interior
me and the wagon at an old gas station on the way home I did a photo shoot

with the wheels from the GTS

before and after buffing

after I buffed the 40 yr old paint

my two 72 Gran Torino's together

interior

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
I see so many cars out there that people think need new paint but if they'd just get the rubbing compounds or something just a polishing wax it would look great like yours. Sure they might need paint but they can still shine. :)
I like the '72 Torinos myself.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Great looking cars. Looks like a fun project, and the way the 40 year old paint came out looks amazing in the pics...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks I just got back yesterday from a straight thru road trip to Florida and flew back yesterday.
i'll update projects in a few days,well actually start new ones under this name

1 - 9 of 9 Posts