Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Last December 2011, I purchased a 1962 Fairlane 500.

62Fairlanebefore01.jpg
62Fairlanebefore02.jpg

As it is shown above. This car is special to me, as this model and year was my first car. My first in car.... Um, Ahum, you know. Many, Many good drives. It too is a 4 door.

This is a 6 cylinder with a 200. The original car I had was a 221... I wanted to get a car for restoring, and this is the one I picked. It wasen't running when I dollied it home 122 miles from here. I did a valve job to it, needless to say water pump, etc, etc so far. Restored the 2 speed trans, and currently, saving $$ to replace the radiator and gas tank. Then it's on to the body work. Here is the web site I started for the restoration. Have a look, and if you like, follow along the restoration process.
Here's the web site.
The 1962 Antique Ford Fairlane- Home Page

I hope to be taking part in the discussions, and the forums here. Even though my car dosen't have the power that you guyes have.. LOL.

I am also searching for:
- Radiator
- Gas Tank
- 1/4 Panels
- (Possibly) Shock Towers

But used is good if in decent condition.. Other than that, I save my dollars.... But, anyway, I just wanted to make myself known, and say hello.

Bill

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Welcome Mr Bill, have a seat , grab a bowl of whatever FE is cooking over there, I would smell of it first. All fords are good and hope you find what you need here. I donot know too much but willing to help ya as all of us will be.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice little rescue project you got going ... and to have some personal memories attached is a bonus.

We're not all looking for speed ... are we?

Enjoy the site & info.

6T4 Bolt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts