Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I'm new here and this is my first post. First off, just bought my ultimate dream car, a 1963 Ford Falcon "Woody" wagon (was factory V-8 auto car).

The car runs and drives great and has already had the front disc conversion done and has been changed to a 1989 5.0 Mustang V-8 and T-5 5 speed transmission.

It seems that possibly a battery explosion may have killed the front fender, it is as thin as and looks just like Swiss cheese.

The rear quarters have had rust issues so a previous owner had filled them with spray foam, which I spent hours removing.

The floor pans have a fair share of rust but the frame rails are all in excellent condition. We have the ability in my shop to do all of the sheet-metal work so this part will be more fun than work.

I have already removed the "Woody" trim, stored it away and will eventually put it back on once the car is painted (could be 6 months, could be 6 years). All of the glass, stainless trim, doors, top, driver fender, hood and tailgate and in great condition with NO DINGS and very little rust. It should be a good one to put back together.

I will be searching for a few parts and if you have any ideas about where these parts can be found, please help. I am not looking for a full restoration but want to make it into a solid driver.

Currently it has some issues such as floor-pan work, rear quarter panel replacement and I need a front-right fender. Other than these problems, the rest of the car shouldn't be a hard fix.

Feel free to let me know of any places that may have a front-right fender or wagon / Ranchero rear quarter panel sections. These will be the main parts that I am looking for.

I am located in Dayton, Ohio and I am willing to travel for good parts, or pay for removal/shipping of restorable parts. If you have parts that you think I can use, feel free to text pics to 937-371-5034 or send in email to [email protected] . Thanks !!

PS: for the Facebook fans, I have created a "Ford Falcon" group to try to help all of us find parts. Feel free to join it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/425625117509398/

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
Should be a good project and welcome to the forum.:tup:

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Welcome, we here in Ohio have a VERY active Falcon Club, and I am the President, we are a chapter of the Falcon Club of America, I live just south of you in Trenton......and wagons are ALWAYS welcomed....

my 2 door Ranch wagon.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John, I have already found your info, wrote it all down and was planning to give you a call. Looks like you may be the person that has the info that I could use to find the right parts. Looking forward to talking to you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sweet falcon! As a carpenter, I love the "wood" trim. Check the southern and central Michigan craigslist for falcon parts. I have seen many lately. Too bad its not a 64 or 65, I have a fender for one of those. Keep us posted on your progress. Did I mention I like your car!

Nathan

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
PS: I LOVE your Wagon !!!
Thanks, been looking for a Squire myself.....lots of guys on the OVCFCA have lots of used sheet metal, plus we get discounts at some of the best Falcon vendors....I have had my wagon 14 years..or so...I have driven it all over the place....

·
Registered
698 Posts
Maybe we should start us a Falcon Wagon club.
We got more glass than a fish tank..
Suweeet... I love the Squire's, mine is a wanna be Squire..
Various Photo's of my heavily modified green 63' 4dr wagon.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/108354062366990467864/albums/5639432755081412097

There is several Facebook pages for the Falcon
http://www.facebook.com/FordFalcon?ref=ts&fref=ts
http://www.facebook.com/pages/FORD-FALCON/90057582087?ref=ts&fref=ts
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ford-Falcon/105563736143926?ref=ts&fref=ts

I think that wagon is a friend's old car.. Does/did it have a US MIlitary base sticker on it? He had a 63, that he cut the front springs on to lower it and put 17" wheels on it, I know he was BIG into Fox Body mustang's but since he sold it to move onto faster and more expensive cars, I think to free up garage space.

As for where to get parts, you can get a repop'd fender or you can get a salvaged fender. Wish you were a year earlier I could had gotten you a fender or two for $50 from the Ranch that I got my parts off of at a junk yard in NC.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
intresting ...i was looking on craigslist yesterday and seen this....
1963 Ford Falcon Squire Deluxe V8
i here again another falcon woody...
think its the only two i have ever seen...wow...

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I think that wagon is a friend's old car.. Does/did it have a US MIlitary base sticker on it? He had a 63, that he cut the front springs on to lower it and put 17" wheels on it, I know he was BIG into Fox Body mustang's but since he sold it to move onto faster and more expensive cars, I think to free up garage space.
Steve, no more military stickers, OPSEC. I pulled them off when I traded the wagon off.

Hey Digger, when I sent you that message last month asking for limo business advice I was sincere. I had no idea you picked up my old wagon, glad to see it is in good hands. The engine was a reman I pulled from a mid 80's bronco project that got impounded at Schofield Barracks. I tore the top end down and installed a take-out roller cam from an 89 Mustang GT. The intake I got from a local kid for free, its an Offy 360. I gave him a new set of ORP roller spring perches for his kindness. The trans I picked up from SGT lew, a Marine buddy from my days in Hawaii. The driveshaft is stock 1" shorter with a granada yoke. The rear is factory 8" 3.00:1 open diff. I rewired the car with an EZ-Wires kit a couple years ago. The rear turn signals are wired into the reverse lights with amber bulbs. There was an issue with the turn signal switch contacts so I isolated the turn signals like that. The exhause came of my 66 Mustang (The 408 Clevor/Viper T56/Cobra IRS car) when I swapped for the Magnaflow kit. You have Mustang Tri-Y's (had to beat the crap out of the #8 pri to fit) 3" X pipe, 2 chamber Flowmasters, and the tail pipes and tips are off a 2001 Bullit Mustang. You have a 1" front sway bar from Mustangs Plus. The front coils are stock with 1.5 coils cut, but Mike, the guy you got it off of was so heavy we had to raise the front suspension so the tires wouldn't rub. Even had to run a taller tire up front to help. The wheels are Moon eyes, never seen anything else like them, they do poloish up nice if you clean them up. The rears are 17x8 with 3.75 bs, fronts are 17x8 with 4.75 bs. The right front fender and fender aprons were already rusting when I got it in 2005, I drove the wagon in the winters to keep my 66 mustang and 65 Barracuda off the salt roads. The wagon was originally my winter car but it ended up being my daily for several years as you know. The brakes are Granada, including the granada prop valve. When I got rid of the wagon I tossed in a pair of drilled/slotted rotors but didn't install them. The left front wheel has slightly tighter center bore so I had to grind down the snout of the granada rotor on that side. Otherwise the wheel never seated flush against the mounting surface. The factory bronze roller spring perches are in there. Radiator was also from a fox body. Carb is a Holley 450 I got back when I was working in Opentracker's garage. With that carb, the 3.00, 235/45-17 and the 5 speed you can get 21 mpg on the highway. I drove that wagon from Dayton to Crestview, FL back in 2009 and back, 1500 miles without any problems. Shocks are KYB adjustables, also hand-me-downs from the 66 mustang. I used a pair of 66 Mustang shock towers with spacers to get the shock travel back, another Opentracker mod with my personal touch. Yes, and the spray foam in the rear quarters to keep the cab sealed for the heater. Which reminds me, the heater box is also out of my 66, Mustang heater core, I replaced about 1 year ago. The front end alignment was always a little off. Even with the Granada swap, it still has the old Falcon tie rod ends. To get the fox body PS Pump to work wit hthe Falcon PS lines I used compression fittings to make hybrid hoses.
I've bveen between Iraq and Afghanistan, been home off and on 3 months over the past 27. I haven't been home much to work on the cars but I keep posting that I'll get back into it when I get home. I wouldn't say I moved on to other types of cars. I did buy a newer car but haven't been home much to enjoy that either. Some of you guys already know me from the Mustang side of FM, but I have some old posts here in the Falcon Forums, just been away.
It was originally a 5 lug 260 2v with a 2 speed auto, it is in the Falcon registry too.
I bought the car on ebay I think Aug or Sep 2005 from a guy in Akron. With a DEMON 650 alone the exhaust tone changed tremendously. I was rebuilding the 450 and had my DEMON on there for a few weeks. This is also the first car I know of the mod the foxbody clutch cable quadrant to the pedal instead of going with the Mustang Steve's kit. The clutch pedal is stock 66 Mustang from a parts car i had. I cut the automatic brake pedal pad to clear the clutch pedal. The acceleration pedal is also stock 66 Mustang, off the same parts car.
When I got the car the AM radio worked, picked up 1 AM station very faint. I didn't wire it up when I rewired the car.
I can't think of anything else but if you have any questions I'll answer. Digger, I'm glad the car is in good hands. Look up my profile on hubgarage and you can find all the pics I have of it. The craigslist add posted above, that looks VERY much like the 63 looked when I got it, 13" pizza cutters, wire hubcaps. Same color and EVERYTHING (less the luggage rack).

Bart

Your Falcon pics

·
Registered
698 Posts
Aloha Bart!!
I keep my Hickam sticker on my old bird just to give it the Hawaii vibe. Now that Force Protection is what it is, the Gov stickers really serve no purpose anymore as 100% ID check is the norm., no more gate drive by. I got the HI inspection still on my rear bumper, just wonder if a heat gun would get it off. I thought one of your new toys may forced you to sale the old lady to give it garage space. I hope he treats the old lady right. I truely love my old bird.. Everywhere I go I get compliments.

I found a 62' wagon near here I was going to get as my new driver. But I am buying a house so its not a good time to buy more toys.. The CINC House would shoot me.

I was using your wheel setup as a point for me, I am going to put 17" on my car eventually, but see all your mods and comparing to my mods your offsets and mine may be different. What I would like to do is get some of those 5 star Ford Focus wheels, but they are 18" and their bolt pattern is slightly different and offset is insane.. But could be adapted..Just not sure 18" with rubber band tires would work. So my 2nd choice is American Racing mag types.. I like that look.

Bart, I know we FB, so we talk more offline. Thanks for chimming in bud. I thought it was your old ride. Stay Safe.. Happy New Year..

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Steve, no more military stickers, OPSEC. I pulled them off when I traded the wagon off.

Hey Digger, when I sent you that message last month asking for limo business advice I was sincere. I had no idea you picked up my old wagon, glad to see it is in good hands. The engine was a reman I pulled from a mid 80's bronco project that got impounded at Schofield Barracks. I tore the top end down and installed a take-out roller cam from an 89 Mustang GT. The intake I got from a local kid for free, its an Offy 360. I gave him a new set of ORP roller spring perches for his kindness. The trans I picked up from SGT lew, a Marine buddy from my days in Hawaii. The driveshaft is stock 1" shorter with a granada yoke. The rear is factory 8" 3.00:1 open diff. I rewired the car with an EZ-Wires kit a couple years ago. The rear turn signals are wired into the reverse lights with amber bulbs. There was an issue with the turn signal switch contacts so I isolated the turn signals like that. The exhause came of my 66 Mustang (The 408 Clevor/Viper T56/Cobra IRS car) when I swapped for the Magnaflow kit. You have Mustang Tri-Y's (had to beat the crap out of the #8 pri to fit) 3" X pipe, 2 chamber Flowmasters, and the tail pipes and tips are off a 2001 Bullit Mustang. You have a 1" front sway bar from Mustangs Plus. The front coils are stock with 1.5 coils cut, but Mike, the guy you got it off of was so heavy we had to raise the front suspension so the tires wouldn't rub. Even had to run a taller tire up front to help. The wheels are Moon eyes, never seen anything else like them, they do poloish up nice if you clean them up. The rears are 17x8 with 3.75 bs, fronts are 17x8 with 4.75 bs. The right front fender and fender aprons were already rusting when I got it in 2005, I drove the wagon in the winters to keep my 66 mustang and 65 Barracuda off the salt roads. The wagon was originally my winter car but it ended up being my daily for several years as you know. The brakes are Granada, including the granada prop valve. When I got rid of the wagon I tossed in a pair of drilled/slotted rotors but didn't install them. The left front wheel has slightly tighter center bore so I had to grind down the snout of the granada rotor on that side. Otherwise the wheel never seated flush against the mounting surface. The factory bronze roller spring perches are in there. Radiator was also from a fox body. Carb is a Holley 450 I got back when I was working in Opentracker's garage. With that carb, the 3.00, 235/45-17 and the 5 speed you can get 21 mpg on the highway. I drove that wagon from Dayton to Crestview, FL back in 2009 and back, 1500 miles without any problems. Shocks are KYB adjustables, also hand-me-downs from the 66 mustang. I used a pair of 66 Mustang shock towers with spacers to get the shock travel back, another Opentracker mod with my personal touch. Yes, and the spray foam in the rear quarters to keep the cab sealed for the heater. Which reminds me, the heater box is also out of my 66, Mustang heater core, I replaced about 1 year ago. The front end alignment was always a little off. Even with the Granada swap, it still has the old Falcon tie rod ends. To get the fox body PS Pump to work wit hthe Falcon PS lines I used compression fittings to make hybrid hoses.
I've bveen between Iraq and Afghanistan, been home off and on 3 months over the past 27. I haven't been home much to work on the cars but I keep posting that I'll get back into it when I get home. I wouldn't say I moved on to other types of cars. I did buy a newer car but haven't been home much to enjoy that either. Some of you guys already know me from the Mustang side of FM, but I have some old posts here in the Falcon Forums, just been away.
It was originally a 5 lug 260 2v with a 2 speed auto, it is in the Falcon registry too.
I bought the car on ebay I think Aug or Sep 2005 from a guy in Akron. With a DEMON 650 alone the exhaust tone changed tremendously. I was rebuilding the 450 and had my DEMON on there for a few weeks. This is also the first car I know of the mod the foxbody clutch cable quadrant to the pedal instead of going with the Mustang Steve's kit. The clutch pedal is stock 66 Mustang from a parts car i had. I cut the automatic brake pedal pad to clear the clutch pedal. The acceleration pedal is also stock 66 Mustang, off the same parts car.
When I got the car the AM radio worked, picked up 1 AM station very faint. I didn't wire it up when I rewired the car.
I can't think of anything else but if you have any questions I'll answer. Digger, I'm glad the car is in good hands. Look up my profile on hubgarage and you can find all the pics I have of it. The craigslist add posted above, that looks VERY much like the 63 looked when I got it, 13" pizza cutters, wire hubcaps. Same color and EVERYTHING (less the luggage rack).

Bart

Your Falcon pics
This has got to be the longest damn sentence I've ever almost read! :)

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
This has got to be the longest damn sentence I've ever almost read! :)
lol...ooooo my eyes....couldent even get thru half of it....
at that point my eyeballs almost hit the keyboard.....:eek:

·
Registered
698 Posts
That one for sale on CL,I am going dang dang dang.. Should have waited and bought that one.. If it is indeed right, that is a very rare car. A Ranch woody with factory buckets. SWEEEET.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
I hope you do not work underneath that car on the four ramps I see. Without jackstands. That is very dangerous. Had one roll off and almost through the garage door and that was just tow. Kick the chock out from the back wheel.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
The one I just missed! I wasn't happy! ImageUploadedByAutoguide1357877988.169329.jpg
It would have made my year!!!! I also put in a FB request! I hope Rancheros are allowed!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts