Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, yesterday I bought a 1967 convertible Galaxie 500 fitted with the 390 v8. After a few decades of American bike bike ownership I finally got myself a four wheeler and I ain't stopped grinning since. Anyhow, my problem is I'm across the pond in England and several of the glass fuses I cannot find over here. The small, 20mm in length ones don't seem to come in the same diameter as is fitted to the car. Does anyone know where I can purchase these fuses. I'll also be looking for door mirrors, window rubbers and who knows what else over the coming weeks, any info on good suppliers who will ship to the U.K. (or U.K. based suppliers) would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same problem in New Zealand. They can be found at a motorcycle shop that has scooters as they use fuses that size

·
Registered
150 Posts
First, I always encourage anyone who'll be owning and/or working on these old Galaxies for any period of time to get a copy of the Ford Master Parts Catalog. It has just about everything you could ever need. You can get a copy on Ebay for $25 plus shipping. Here is an example and according to the listing, they ship internationally. I have no affiliation with this seller or anyone else related to the Ford MPCs sold on Ebay or elsewhere. Instead, just speaking from invaluable experience.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-1972-FORD-MUSTANG-FAIRLANE-GALAXIE-LTD-MASTER-PARTS-CATALOG-MANUAL-CD-ROM-/362639646410?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c1#viTabs_0

Beyond that, one of the first things you need to do is identify your fuses more precisely. They are listed in your Ford manual. If you don't have one, you should also be able to find one on Ebay. They're handy and cool to have for old-time's sake, but not necessary. I posted a picture of mine which shows the fuse page just so you can see what it looks like.

Second, if you had the Ford MPC, you could refer to both the Fuse and Application charts which are handy to have as references. That way, not only you can look up the exact measurements and part numbers, but the industry cross-reference number. I posted a picture of the Fuse chart for you and will add the Application chart in the next post.

Basically what you want to do is starting by looking up the fuses for your car in the Application chart. That way, you have the correct Ford part number for your fuses. On the right columns, you'll see both the Industry part number and Ford part number. To be sure, you can confirm the fuse with the measurements in the Fuse chart.

Once confirmed, you can search for glass fuses using the Industry part numbers which are shared across many makes, models and years. Example: C0LY-14526-B (Ford part number) = AGW-4 (Industry part number). Now you can do a search on Ebay/Amazon/Google for "AGW-4" ... rather than C0LY-14526-B ... or 4A fuse ... etc.

I'll post the Application chart next.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here are pics of the Application chart.

FYI, you want to refer to the column titled "Ford", which refers to all full-size Ford cars including Galaxie, Custom, LTD, station wagons, etc.

Within that column, you'll see numbers like "65/" ... "65/71" ... "72" ... etc. Here are the definitions for them: 65/ means all Fords from 1965-up. Given the manual is for 1965-72 cars, that means all `65-72 full-size Ford cars. 65/71 means full-size cars between 1965-71 only. 72 means only the 1972 model year.

If there's no listing for a particular row in that column (i.e. it's blank), then that means there's no application for full-size Fords from 1965-72. If you see a symbol, then it'll be explained at the bottom of the pages (or you may have to check on one of the next pages for the definition).

All in all, having the "Industry" part number for your fuses will make it much easier to find them online, whether abroad or not.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts