Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, brand new owner of a 1970 Galaxie 4 door. I got it with no engine and transmission, lucky for me I had a big block and c6 waiting for something.

In the process of putting it in, I bashed the heater box pretty bad. Is there anywhere that manufacturers replacement heater boxes, or a place I can order an NOS box from?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome to the forum lots of knowledgable folks here. I don't know about an nos heater box but a used off craigslist or ebay shouldn't be to hard to find, I don't think they are repoped but could be wrong.
Post up a couple pics when u can (we all like pictures).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum lots of knowledgable folks here. I don't know about an nos heater box but a used off craigslist or ebay shouldn't be to hard to find, I don't think they are repoped but could be wrong.
Post up a couple pics when u can (we all like pictures).
NOS=New Old Stock.

If I were looking for a 66 back box, they are easy to find. Seems no one cares for this generation of car, so no one offers parts.

Pics: First is the car, second and third are the ruined box

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The box is likely made of fiberglass.

It could be repaired with fiberglass resin and cloth.
Only problem with this being, it would likely be in the way again when I put the big block back in. I'm wondering if the box is different for the 385 series versus the Windsor. If I could find a parts source, they'd probably know, however it's looking more and more like I'm gonna have to go the custom box route.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I like your 70, killer patina. My buddy and i have had the engine out of my 69 a couple times and if your carefull you should be ok. Took the box in and out of mine a few years back not a big deal if I remember correctly but i did have the fender off at the time, you my consider going that route. I have the 385 series engine (429) in my 69 and whether or not you have a.c. makes a difference in regards to the box but kinda doubt engine size or 69 to 70 model year does but don't really know. I didn't check your location but in the midwest a 69/70 years parts car comes up occasionally.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some pics would be great. Especially around the kick down and dipstick. I had to remove the kick down to get it to slide in as far as it did.

My engine/transmission came out of a truck, so I've had to remove the manifolds and I'm thinking in may need a new dipstick for the transmission too

·
Registered
303 Posts
Never added pics from my phone i guess we'll see how it works. I noticed the moisture on my valve covers apparently i have wet garage syndrom, better crack the garage door a bit.
Kinda hard to take pics at night with a flashlight if it doesn't let me know i'll try again in the daylight.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate the help and pics, but I gave up on the big block today. Sold the engine and straight swapped the transmission for a fresh built small block c6. Now that I have that at my disposal, I'm going to try a Cleveland in it to see how I like it, if I don't, I'll go back with a Windsor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts