·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just figure that since I plan on building the engine it would be wiser to start with the brake system to make sure I can stop. Going fast is fun..even light to light.. Not being able to stop at the next light sucks!

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Would think for $450 for just the rotors there would be a cheaper solution out there. Did your car have the K&H brakes or are you adding them? Parts are not cheap for that system and the car can easily accept spindles and disc's from 70's donor Fords that have much less expensive components. Also from what I have heard (haven't tried yet myself, my '67 LTD came with these brakes) it can be hard to fit an aftermarket rim over the calipers unless you are willing to run a spacer.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would think for $450 for just the rotors there would be a cheaper solution out there. Did your car have the K&H brakes or are you adding them? Parts are not cheap for that system and the car can easily accept spindles and disc's from 70's donor Fords that have much less expensive components. Also from what I have heard (haven't tried yet myself, my '67 LTD came with these brakes) it can be hard to fit an aftermarket rim over the calipers unless you are willing to run a spacer.
Yes, the XL is a factory K/H disc brake car. I already have the new K/H calipers and all lines and hoses. I just found a set of Centric rotors for $135 shipped - pair. So Other then the calipers, everything else is fairly reasonably priced. I also have the rebuild kits for the new calipers should they ever blow out. (boots and seals)I also have my original set that I will refurbish sometime for spares.
The rims are an issue. Disc brake and drum brake cars had different wheels in order to clear the calipers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts