Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

LITERALLY the only picture I have since the ad went down :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So begins my Galaxie 500 build. It is a fully operational(including the dash clock) driving, ROAD LEGAL, 1966 Ford Galaxie 500. Picked her up for $5,000 cash which I thought was a steal, guy came down from $9,600. Currently a 289/auto. Plans are to go with a 408 Cleveland, topped with either FiTech or Holley EFI, wide ratio toploader, true TracLok for the 9 inch. Then eventually fix the cosmetic flaws and pick a color.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
View attachment 167106
LITERALLY the only picture I have since the ad went down :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So begins my Galaxie 500 build. It is a fully operational(including the dash clock) driving, ROAD LEGAL, 1966 Ford Galaxie 500. Picked her up for $5,000 cash which I thought was a steal, guy came down from $9,600. Currently a 289/auto. Plans are to go with a 408 Cleveland, topped with either FiTech or Holley EFI, wide ratio toploader, true TracLok for the 9 inch. Then eventually fix the cosmetic flaws and pick a color.
Hello f1nal_v0yage,

Cool beans, I look forward to your progress and any other pictures you care to share in the future.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
$5,000 any chance banana has A/C or P/S?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello f1nal_v0yage,

Cool beans, I look forward to your progress and any other pictures you care to share in the future.

Cheers
I plan to share as much progress as I can with you guys on its journey to being what I want. It'll hopefully help or motivate someone to do one of their own!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
There are lots of articles on swapping a 289 for a 351w. Might give you 90% power with 10% headaches. I see a rebuilt core for $400, get you up and running quick..

·
Registered
419 Posts
Maybe instead of a 408 Cleveland a mild 460, with an AOD setup? You can always build a strong bottom end and mild head work can easily get you 390-400HP. And if you decide to go wild, changing the top engine will make 150+ HP real easy.
You have the room under the hood. Might as well use it. After all, Ford did put 428/C-6s in these with AC, PS, etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe instead of a 408 Cleveland a mild 460, with an AOD setup? You can always build a strong bottom end and mild head work can easily get you 390-400HP. And if you decide to go wild, changing the top engine will make 150+ HP real easy.
You have the room under the hood. Might as well use it. After all, Ford did put 428/C-6s in these with AC, PS, etc.
408 is already built, and I'm a stick shift kinda guy. Plus there are a thousand of them with big blocks...how often do you see a 408 Cleveland with EFI? :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So a bit of an update. I sent it to the shop to get inspected, just for shigs really but want it to be inspected if I take it out. It needed NOTHING. Well, nothing big. It's being held up by a BRAKE PEDAL PAD! Like come on man! And of course the shop can't find one. I think I'm just gonna get an autozone special for them to put on in the meantime. You'd think they'd do that just to get it out of their parking lot, but oh well...can't think for others :p Will get some more pics this weekend!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts