Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm swapping a 302/C4 into a new project. Take a look and diregard the chrome timing chain.Does it look familiar?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Nope.

Were you at the mustangs in the park show last weekend?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nate: I didn't make it to the Mustang show. You better leave now if you're going,don't want to be late again. Ha.

Tony: Good eye. Those are Dart heads made for Ford Motorsports with a Ford part number. They were on my Morris before it got some AFRs.The Vic Jr in the pic is just for mock up purposes,it's too high to use the stock hood and run an air cleaner.The 302 is a '83 HO that is just getting new rings and bearings with a 282S cam for now.

Secport: You're the winner of the chrome timing chain. It's a solid '72 240Z I picked up for $500. Should weigh about 2500lbs with the V8.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
On 2006-06-28 09:53, Just Jim wrote:
Nate: I didn't make it to the Mustang show. You better leave now if you're going,don't want to be late again. Ha.
I always though everyone else just gets there too early!
I ended up stopping by.

Very interesting project. What tranny? Rearend? Also is it going to be a street strip car or more of a corner carver? That thing should be lots of fun either way!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had a friend that did this swap years ago. It works great, almost as if Nissan....wait, Datsun had it in mind all along. Post some pictures as you go. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On 2006-06-28 14:31, 289nate wrote:
On 2006-06-28 09:53, Just Jim wrote:
I always though everyone else just gets there too early!
I ended up stopping by.

Very interesting project. What tranny? Rearend? Also is it going to be a street strip car or more of a corner carver? That thing should be lots of fun either way!
Nate: I forgot about the Mustang show. Maybe we can get out to LACR sometime before it closes.

The Datsun is getting a C4 made up of leftover Falcon/Morris stuff. I've more or less finished the rear end using a later R200 3rd member with 280ZX Turbo CV axles.It's supposed to be a low buck bracket car.I'm not much on making turns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts