Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a new one from the Bronco Graveyard but I don't know how to properly bleed the brakes after I put the thing on. It has that bleeder? pin on the end of it but the pin is all the way in. I can't get anything on it to pull it out.

Pin is under that black rubber cover.

Whaaaaa doooooo IIIIIIIII doooooooo?????????

Oh forgot, its a 1979 F150.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
OOOHHHH HEEEELLLLLLL, :frown: NOT more valves and questions... damn, talk about opening a can thats REALLY hard to close....;):D:rolleyes:

I am almost certain you will get some info tho..... :bicker:

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
ANOTHER THREAD?

I would tell you but my certification has not come through yet. Now, let's see how many different "go about it" scenarios come into play this time... ;)

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
just install and bleed as you would normaly...
if thats a problem.... hold pressure on brake pedal as that will put pin in out position..if there is a machined grove on pin then you can put a clip on it to keep from retracting, if (really dont recomend this)not then you have to use some type of locking plyer or clamp ....but use caution, not much clamping force to dammage/mar pin...

dont think theres a need to hold pin unless doing a reverse bleed....

it looks identical to combination valve in this post....
Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum - View Single Post - Brake bleeding issues.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I guess I should have used that handy search feature of this site first. I was a bit confused on some of the comments here until I looked at that other thread. 31 pages long. Is that a Ford Muscle record? Seeing the valve cut in half helps. I wasn't going to do that to mine to see how the insides worked.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I guess I should have used that handy search feature of this site first. I was a bit confused on some of the comments here until I looked at that other thread.

31 pages long. Is that a Ford Muscle record?

Seeing the valve cut in half helps. I wasn't going to do that to mine to see how the insides worked.
No record as it is still a work in progress... :bicker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts