Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

We're proud to announce that the new site look and feel has been completed for FordMuscleForums.com! Our designers and software engineers have been hard at work on this for several months. It's designed to modernize the site, make it easier to use, and to make it more attractive to new members and guests that visit .

The forum software we use, vBulletin, by default is not designed to be friendly to the eyes or to look modern. We went down to the nuts and bolts of the forum software and templates, and have done a ground up approach. There are several things you will notice now that the new design is live.

1) The site should be significantly faster.

We have applied every modern technique to speed up page load and tested with all modern browsers. We want the forum to be extremely fast and easy to use.

2) The site will work much better in mobile and tablet views

We've started applying responsive design, and have designed and tested against android and iPhone devices, Android tablets, and iPads. If you are sitting at your desk or on your couch, or just on your phone, the site will work much better than it did before, and load fast. We are still working on improving the experience even further in the months to come, but we wanted to launch this as quickly as we could.

3) The homepage is bright, crisp and clean.

We wanted the first page users saw to look beautiful, so that when a new guest arrives and is debating whether to join FordMuscleForums.com, they see a beautiful doorway, and they walk right in.

As a forum member you can choose to use the new design (which is on by default) or you can go back to the old design. We ask that you give it a chance and see if you like it. Like anything new, it will be unfamiliar at first, but we suspect that the speed difference will make you want to use this new one. If you do decide to switch back, the link is at the bottom left of each forum page, you pull down and select the theme called "FordMuscleForums.com Classic I and Classic II".

4) Garages will be featured on the site

You can show off your Ford, You can post pictures in your garage and share it with others. Make sure you post up some images to share with the community at the link below.

Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum - Manage My Garage

5) Users will be able to register with Facebook, Twitter or Google+

6) The side bar can be hidden in your user options.

Click on my profile / user cp at the top right.

- click on edit your details on the left.
- Look for Show Sidebar on Forum Pages under Additional Information.
- Click disable and save.

7) Another new great feature is the @Mention user plugin. You can tag members by simply using the @ symbol.

8) Drag and Drop image uploader

We hope you enjoy it, and if you have any questions on the design, please let us know, feedback is appreciated.

If there are any issues you see. Post them up here and we will get them worked out.

Thanks,
-Your FordMuscleForums.com Team.

·
Administrator
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The posts are showing newest on top by default, is that how the site was before?

@AG Jeff :)
Ha, I noticed that also and thought it was just me.

You can update it here:
http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Thread Display Mode
Here you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view this help page.
Thread Display Mode:

Not sure if that was the default before, maybe someone else can chime in.

Jeff

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Uh oh! I am noticing many lost photos and broken links. An example is this thread: Homebuilt Budget Twin Turbo

It was full of great photos, and now there isn't even a broken link placeholder. Nothing. I am seeing a number of other threads and posts missing stuff or links that don't work. We seem to lose a few hundred great posts with every 'little' change. PLEASE try to fix these and don't lose any more!
:crying:
David

·
Site Admin
344 Posts
The images in the thread show up for me as well. Are you able to see them now.

Some images on the site may go missing because of how their posted. For example if a user hosts their images on Photobucket and links them into the forum, if they ever remove the image from their Photobucket account then it will leave a broken image on the forum.

~ Danniella

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Looks like a lot of images missing for me, too. There is only one image from the OP in post #1, and PSIG's image in post #66 that show up for me.

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
The images in the thread show up for me as well. Are you able to see them now.

Some images on the site may go missing because of how their posted. For example if a user hosts their images on Photobucket and links them into the forum, if they ever remove the image from their Photobucket account then it will leave a broken image on the forum.

~ Danniella
Sorry Danniella - was not getting reply notices. No, using the thread I posted earlier as an example, I only see in the first post a thumbnail photo. Shouldn't I see more? I recall the original postings had lots of photos of how he did it. Image of my screen below.

David

First post in thread here:

·
Site Admin
344 Posts
The thumbnail is the only image that was uploaded to the forum. The rest were linked from an external site and the image link no longer work. The OP for that post has not been logged onto this site since 2011.

Kevin

·
Registered
26 Posts
is there anyway to make it where you don't have to read it from the bottom up or from last to front that kind of weird it would be much easier if you could just read from page 1 post 1 to the end instead of backwards

·
Site Admin
344 Posts
Hey there,

You can change the thread view layout in the "My Prefs" page.
When you enter your preferences, on the left of the page Select "Edit Options" then scroll down and under the "Thread Display Options" section, you can change it so new posts will appear first.

Let me know if that clears things up.

Richard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts