Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I presume you're responding to me.
That's correct for the small wires only. If the relay is flipped (some models are done that way) and the cables attached backwards, the battery will feed the "I" terminal to the coil and ground through the distributor. Bingo - battery drain. Though, I do not believe that's the issue here, and likely you would not have a dead battery anyway, but a fried coil instead as there is no resistance in that line. See what I mean?

David

i was debating the coil was dead at one point too... anyway my column is SH*t anyway i am going to replace the thing best way to solve column problems is to get rid of the column and swap i can get lik 50-60 bucks for the column alone jacked up so this is a play around game so far.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well damn! Why didn't you say so??? I'm only 40 miles from you! If you want help I can come help. I"m in Port Orchard. 11 miles as the crow flies.

yeah this problem is kicking my A** bro..... i cannot stand not being able to drive it... i waited to long on a good sale a mint condition ranchero column for 145 dollars.... T_T

hey shouldn't i be able to swap it with a mustang column?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts