Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got me a new tire and wheel set up. Got these Bullitts from a 09 Mustang GT. The guy painted right over the chrome but it came off with a pressure washer and laquer thinner. The tires are 275/40/17 on back and 245/45/17 on front. Not sure what the back spacing is but I had to buy 1.25" spacers for the front and 1" spacers for the back. Had them swapped around but the wheels hit the arm at the upper ball joint. Got just enough clearance now no rub. Wheels and tires cost $280 and the spacers $107 off of e-bay. Tires have 95% tread. Good things happen when people clean out their garage. The lady I bought the combo from had bought 20" rims for her car and just wanted these gone. Sun shines sometimes.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Diego that looks good. Wingnut will post some pics when I get a chance of the clearance. I had to go 1.25" on front. Not sure if the 65 and 67 are the same up front or maybe I got a little more back spacing. Anyway I like the look.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the pic of the clearance. Has about 7/8" between wheel and fender. No scrubbing issues at all. Did have to grind of a screw tip on the frame. The second is of the front. Fits real nice. I might cut the spring to lower the front or get a new set of lowering springs. Not sure yet still deciding. Hope this helps. I know it looks like the front is rubbing but it is not even close. The pink ruler is my daughters. Only one I could find so be nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
My son brought over two Mustang Bullitt wheels and tires last night 245/45 x 17. Them wheels are 10" wide.

Any problems with rubbing when they are put on the front?

Gonna make me some 1" spacer out of plywood just to see if they fit (ON THE DRIVEWAY ONLY). If they fit I saw some 1" wheel spacers on ebay for $45

·
Registered
200 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1370072232.137234.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1370072283.268675.jpg

I can get my hand between the rear fender and the tire but that's about it. I used a 1" spacer on it. I don't think anymore would work on the rear. The front is more tucked in but not so much that it looks bad or has adverse handling. No rubbing at all at all four corners.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1370072455.551809.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope I am not too late. I had to use 1 1/4 inch spacers on the front. With the 1 inch spacer the wheel still rubbed the upper a-arm at the ball joint. Did not hear it do so until I hit large dips in the road. Cut a pretty good gouge out of the a-arm. I checked it when I installed and no rub but that was unsprung. If I turn the wheel almost as far as I can I will get a rub. The wheels I have are also 17x10. Got the 1 1/4 from PE Motorwerks and the 1 inch from Titan accesories both off of E-Bay. They look really good and and are of high quality. You will have to get the proper lugs for the wheel. They are 1/2 inch lugs for the mustang. Hope this helps and I caught you in time.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech is the only place I buy my spacers/adapters. They make them up to 100mm wide (4"). So they are hub centric and wheel centric so the weight of the car is resting on the hub, not so much the lugs. Keeps everything very centered and well balanced. Plus it gives more freedom to put the wheels exactly where you want them in the wheel well because they are sold in 1mm increments instead of 1/4 or 1/2". PLUS, with these, you can run any bolt pattern you would like! A little more spendy but worth it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech is the only place I buy my spacers/adapters. They make them up to 100mm wide (4"). So they are hub centric and wheel centric so the weight of the car is resting on the hub, not so much the lugs. Keeps everything very centered and well balanced. Plus it gives more freedom to put the wheels exactly where you want them in the wheel well because they are sold in 1mm increments instead of 1/4 or 1/2". PLUS, with these, you can run any bolt pattern you would like! A little more spendy but worth it.
Sorry, didn't mean to make that sound like a sales pitch, just trying to let people know about more options.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Options are always good. Have only had mine a month or so and I do not drive the car but once a week. With that in mind it may take a few months for issues to surface. My spacers were 107 bucks and change for all 4. I took the chance and so far got a score. The mm increments are definately better if you want your wheels to sit out at a certain point. 1/4 in increments are a pretty healthy difference. Thanks for the input. Will look that up if I get issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts