Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Drag Racing, I just bought a 67 Mustang has a stock 351W, C6, and 4:11 gears in it. I would like it to run 7.50's in the 1/8th. Was wondering what everyones opinion was, what modifications would help achieve this goal. Don't really have a set budget but would like to keep cost down as far as possible. Open to any suggestions only requirement is No nitrous! Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bamm-Bamm on 5/1/02 3:50am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Personally........myself.......I'd take her to the track and get a baseline. If not, you're basically got nothing to go off of. Everyone can quote specs of what ifs and what coulda'shoulda'woulda scenarios, but real life, (been there, done that), is the best place to start. Then you can see what works, what doesn't work, etc, etc.
My .002

·
Registered
321 Posts
One suggestion is to lose the C6. They are great for towing and super high HP applications, but they eat about 60 HP. I would drop in a race modded C4 or a manual myself. But like he said, you need to do a few passes and see what she will do before you start wanting to get a specific time out of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts