Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I feel weird reading everyone's posts and not saying hello 1st.
I just bought my 1st Ford Muscle car. I was driving around town in a soccer mom van and I had a friend that had 3 kids, a wife and a '65 Falcon so we traded vehicles. I also bought another Falcon off a kid (I thought it would be for parts) but upon closer inspection he had a 302 Windsor motor in it as well as a sweet shift kit and analog tach on the dash. He said the motor didn't work after a backfire, but the timing of the motor is off a few teeth and it probably does need a new carburator. I am not mechanical but I am learning. I did my 1st drum brake fix ever yesterday on my Seafoam Green one.

I will be asking many questions of you all...and I thank you in advance!

Hanna

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Welcome, you have come to the right place. Ask all the questions you want. Someone on here will surely have the answers. This is a "dirty-hands-forum' because most of the ones on here work on their cars and the simplicity of the Falcon makes it a good car to learn on. If you can do the brakes, you will be able to do just about anything. Time, money, desire.

·
Registered
681 Posts
welcome lets see some pics of your falcons.
im still trying to convince my wife she should be driving a falcon wagon.
and im not having any luck.
good luck with your ride.

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
Welcome. Have fun. This is a very nice group of people on the web, which I find unique. Don't feel embarrassed to ask REALLY basic, stupid questions. (Ask me how I know.) Also, as for purely mechanical issues, you may do very well in the Ford Tech room.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome!

I'm just like you. I got started because I frequently have wrenching questions. I have never been steered wrong here. Someone always has some helpful advice or has done a similar job in the past. This is also a great contact source for older FORD parts. Welcome again!

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Welcome, U will enjoy this Forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts