Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2 door falcon coupe today, door tag says 64 when i look it up, stamp in drivers side fender under the hood says 65, so I am going with that. I have a few questions that I need some help with. the engine block casting number is D8BE which i read as a 78 250ci six from a fairmont, but the cylinder head starts with a C8 which I figure is a 68 head. I cant figure if its a three or four bolt waterpump, cant see the whole thing. My main concern is: what oil filter do I use? its got a napa proselect 21515 on it but is there a better filter with valve in it you all like? Also, I assume I should use lead substitute because the head wont have hardened seats? Lots of valve train noise so I want to run a quart of Rislone with Rotella t 15/40 and see if it quiets down.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Where is your brake light switch located? If it's the hydraulic type near the master cylinder it's a 64. If's in electrical and located above the brake pedal it's 65. That's if nothing has been monkeyed with. The was it sounds someone may have swapped a door. Who knows. BTW nothing wrong with NAPA filters.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds confused....All old Fords use a PH8A Fram, FL1A Motorcraft....
Lol, i know the door has been switched, it says the car is a futura coupe with blue paint and interior with buckets while the car is red in and out with a bench. Thanks to both of you for the tip on the filters

·
Registered
109 Posts
where you located? i am looking for a bucket and I have two buckets out of a 68 mustang in my garage. My interior is red also....just curious

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where you located? i am looking for a bucket and I have two buckets out of a 68 mustang in my garage. My interior is red also....just curious
little confused, you are looking for a red bucket or a red front bench? I am going to pick up the bench for mine this afternoon, mine has black pony buckets in it now. I am in palmerton, pennsylvania.

·
Registered
109 Posts
AHH I want red bench

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AHH I want red bench
Picked it up today, its dirty as all get out, not sure if stained, and both it and the back bench are cloth seating surfaces with vinyl sides and back. The front has a split back rest so you can fold down one side or the other. heavy. I will vacuum it and send pictures, would def make a good recover candidate. Pm me with an email adress and i will try to get you pics in the next couple days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts