Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I just picked up a 71 Ford Torino.. the guy (or 19 year old kid i should say) didnt know much about it, he talked it up like the coolest car ever but didnt know much what he was talking about..

I have never owned a muscle car but I got a good deal for it (traded a sportbike for it) He said the previous owner rebuilt the motor and it has about 30k on the rebuild. I drove it and it seems pretty sound.. some cosmetic love is needed.

I am having some trouble finding parts though, I take it this car is a little rare (plus being 41 years old doesnt help)

some things I found:
Dash board is cracked
Dome light cover is missing
A/C has been removed.. still has ducts just no compressor or anything
The driver fender is tweaked outward a little so it causes a small gap between the fender and hood
The Hood is mis aligned so it is raised near the windshield
the chrome trim along the bottom of the car on the driver side is gone
It needs to be re-upholstered.. the original white leather interior is still there but torn in places and stained in others..
Headliner is ripped and falling down in places..
Driver side window goes up only 1/2 way and you have to pull it up the rest of the way.

along with a couple very tiny dents and bubbles in the hack-job paint (but I plan to repaint it later anyay) I think its a pretty good deal.. what do you think?

Also, I am new to this forum and hope to find all the answers about this car etc here..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Looks decent in that picture... What engine is in it?

BTW, I just sold my sportbike to clear up more money for my Torino, so I kinda know what youre going through.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the 351C Im just having a hell of a time trying to find parts for this baby. the small things ya know..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice looking '71 - seems like small things wrong with it...I'd say you got a good deal too.

Some air-shocks for jackin it up in back and fat rear tires & rims and you gotta winner! don't forget the Realistic 8-track deck too.. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
dearbornclassics.com sells parts for torinos not a whole lot but things like dash covers or domelight bezels n covers they have but their also really pricey or u can also go on ebay they gor things to i have a 71 torino gt n the ac compressors also missing my dad took it out bak wen he had it n the steering wheel.....im trying to get the original one bak but cant find one in good condition

·
Registered
50 Posts
also macsautoparts.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Macsautoparts is pretty awesome, found a lot on there..

I am trying to find a download of the service manual though.. my #1 thing to fix first the driver window seems off the track or maybe the gear in there is broken..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts