Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to check in and say hello. This is my first post. I recognize some Falcon friends already on this forum (Chris, Rick).

I have a 62 Sport Futura with a fairly torqued 351C. While it's a hot ride it is a street car, not a track car. I wanted the prostreet performance but not the sterile sheetmetal look. The car is a couple of weeks away from going back on the road (after several years in my garage), will be painted in October, and then put up for the winter. Check out my website for details and pictures: http://home.maine.rr.com/fordfalcon/index.htm

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
S'ok for an ol' car.
'Bout time you got here, lurker! This is a sweet ride - check it out. It's a thumper no matter where it runs. It's a nice ride because the builder cares enough to do things right.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, for the hardy welcome! This is my first post to this forum (if I remember correctly). Those who have seen my Falcon before must have done so elsewhere on the web.

My Falcon is molting! Shortly it will sport new paint (dark metallic red), all new chrome, and new exhaust exiting under the bumper. I've replaced the front wheels with Crager SS, and am changing to modified tubular control arms so that I can change the stance to nose down. Should look much better. I've put off painting for several years while I've been doing all of the structural work.

I'm agonizing over changing the cam. As Chris knows I'm dissappointed in the dyno results, but the motor runs soooo smooth now. I put a small cam in to be streetable, but I'm not going to be happy untill I hit 550 HP. It dyno'd at 475 and with the 1" carb spacer and proper tuning is probably just shy of 500. However, I can't bear to think about tearing the motor down again to swap cams. It's kind of like having a splinter. You can only ignore it for so long, then you have to deal with it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts