Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1964 Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I retired on Dec 31st and finally treated myself. 1964 Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe. I’d love to take credit for the build, but can’t. The builder shaved the shock towers and put a Mustang II front end in it in order to fit a rebuilt/balanced 351 Windsor with auto OD tranny and front discs. Ridler 17’s with 275’s in the rear, 235’s in the front. Color is an early 200’s Mitsubishi Sunset Orange with Wimbledon White roof. Since these pics were taken, I’ve added Gabriel Hijackers to raise the rear stance a couple inches.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood

Car Hood Motor vehicle Light Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Attachments

·
Registered
65 ford galaxie 500 4 dr
44 Posts
looks great your off to a good start! i just retired in nov. 21 local 3 elec. 42 yrs. take my car out to shows, put out the chair and bs. go out for a cruise , no more time clock. but i still wake up early every day! im allmost done puting vintage air under dash unit in.im in florida palm coast ,i no what your talking about!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ll have to add another pic with the Hijackers installed. Look like a completely different ride now. Makes the car look like a Thunderbird before. I also added some Autogage mechanical gauges under the dash.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My first car was a 64 Fairlane 500 2dr HT. I have always wanted to get another since I let that one go years ago. Yours is absolutely beautiful. I bet the 351 really makes that car scoot. Enjoy.
Take care
Ed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It moves along pretty well I have to say. It had FloPro chambered mufflers when I got it, and it was teeth-rattlingly loud. Sounded awesome when I would get into it, but pretty obnoxious. I swapped them out for some Magnaflows and it’s got a great deep rumble. But I can hear the original working AM radio now. And my wife doesn’t put her fingers in her ears when I start it anymore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m delinquent on posting new pics with the Hijackers and gauges. I’m still playing with the air pressure/lift. Pre-installation, the tops of the rear fenders covered a little over an inch of the top of the wheels when you looked at it from the side. The Gabriels will take up to 200psi. I have them at 40 now and that gave it about 2”. Still might be a little high, but it’s a work in progress. Definitely changes the look significantly. Added mechanical gauges and a few changes under the hood as well (coolant reservoir, battery disconnect switch, new custom MSD wires, some wire looms to clean it up). Always something…

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1 Posts
I retired on Dec 31st and finally treated myself. 1964 Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe. I’d love to take credit for the build, but can’t. The builder shaved the shock towers and put a Mustang II front end in it in order to fit a rebuilt/balanced 351 Windsor with auto OD tranny and front discs. Ridler 17’s with 275’s in the rear, 235’s in the front. Color is an early 200’s Mitsubishi Sunset Orange with Wimbledon White roof. Since these pics were taken, I’ve added Gabriel Hijackers to raise the rear stance a couple inches.
View attachment 173059 View attachment 173061
View attachment 173060
View attachment 173056
View attachment 173058
You car is nice and welcome to the forum... cheers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts