Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to the Forum...Starting a Daily Driver 66 fairlane Station Wagon project.

Guys after long thought about getting a new car i have come to the conclusion that fixing up an old car that's cool looking would be more fun for me and I could work on the damn thing if need be. I am torn between strut system and MII front end, remember a daily driver that is real close to having a coyote conversion...Just a quick note it will not be a track car, just occasional stop light to stop light oh crap I got beat by the old guy and his station wagon car…10k of street driving a year!

Thanks
Mark

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I've never seen the strut setup in person.

But I've installed and own two cars with the Rod&Custom Mustang II IFS.
Very happy with the handling and the ride height adjustment of the R&C kit. 30 mintues or so and your done. I did coilovers on both cars.

Search through the Fairlane threads, I posted some pictures of the install on my 64 Fairlane..

Willie and William at Rod&Custom are great to deal with.

I recently bought a TCI Triangulated 4 link for the rear of my Falcon.
I had to buy it from another vendor. I have'nt installed it yet. It's going to be a winter project.

Jet

·
Registered
734 Posts
Re: New to the Forum...Starting a Daily Driver 66 fairlane Station Wagon project.

Guys after long thought about getting a new car i have come to the conclusion that fixing up an old car that's cool looking would be more fun for me and I could work on the damn thing if need be. I am torn between strut system and MII front end, remember a daily driver that is real close to having a coyote conversion...Just a quick note it will not be a track car, just occasional stop light to stop light oh crap I got beat by the old guy and his station wagon car…10k of street driving a year!

Thanks
Mark
on my 67 i just redone the whole front end. all ball joints, swaybar bushing, shocks, springs and tightend up my gear box... handles like a champ. i did replace my steering assist with a manual steering set up out of a parts car. i like it, no play, handles great. for no power steering i thought ide get an arm workoout. but heck its easy. its cost me maybe $300 all added up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: New to the Forum...Starting a Daily Driver 66 fairlane Station Wagon project.

Ok i have heard some strange stuff about doing the MII kits on Fairlanes. I was told after small amount of time the frame will start cracking and moving upward! With this car seeing around 10k a year in drive time i don't need the front end cracking on me......I still want the room so notching the towers will have to happen....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.