Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

New Track Times

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  79stang351w 
#1 ·
After a blown dizzy gear and cam gear, I put in a Crane solid and new dizzy parts installed by MSD. It ran an 11.45 @ 120

Best sixty foot was a 1.60. Any ideas on cutting my sixty times?
Mike Toomey

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a Precision Industries 9.5 inch stallion with a 4800 stall. Thanks

#5 ·
At first, I had a little wheelspin which resulted in a 1.72 sixty. But then I dropped the air pressure in my slicks to 14 lbs and that change got me a 1.66. I then stalled up the RPM's to 2500 before launch and got the 1.60 sixty on my 11.45 run. No spin. Thanks

#7 ·
I can footbrake the stall to about 2800 before it starts to engage. I don't have a reverse manual VB, but I did the Stage 4, Gregaust VB mods pursuant to http://www.burly4x4.com/c4/c4buildup/stage4.htm

Hard / firm shifts, instantly. I haven't tried to check the stall, but I am pretty sure it flashes up to 4800 when I launch. Thanks,
Mike

#9 ·
My rear suspension consists of the following:
HPM Mega Bite Jr lower control arms, with the stock upper CA's and stock V-8 springs. No anti roll bar.
Mike

#11 ·
Thanks Tim,
It goes through the traps at 7100RPM's. It really has a big top end with the new cam. I'm just trying to figure out how to cut down my sixty foot. I am in the process of putting her on a diet.
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.