Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 6 cyl.-2 speed 65 Fairlane back in February to replace my rusted beyond hope 65 Falcon and I'm ready to swap the 2v-289 from the bird into the Fairlane. Headers are a hassle and too pricey for me so I've been looking at the K code manifolds from Dearborn Classics. Does anyone know of a later model manifold that will work? I'd like to think that a few decades of R&D would produce a part that would flow nearly as well as the old K code and still fit at a bone yard price. Am I dreaming?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I wonder if common old 1965 Mustang 289 V-8 manifolds would fit for now? They can be located substantially cheaper, or borrowed on occasion. I have some Blackjack tube headers and on box mentions they fit 1964 to 1966 Falcon and Mustangs (49 states). The two autos used very similar front end groups.

Wm.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Steve,
You can pick up late model shorty headers used for less than those K code headers, and you'll get substantially better performance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The late model 5.0L mustang headers would provide as good or better flow than the K Code manifolds, however with the 62-65 Fairlane's shock towers....I am very confident that the shorty headers would not fit with the Fairlane's wide shock towers. I have a 65 myself. If you don't want to go headers, get the K code manifolds. I've ran them both.

·
Registered
825 Posts
dougs headers tri-y part # DOU-D662Y was a perfect fit on my 65 fairlane but expensive......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: norcal500 on 10/2/06 6:44am ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts