Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading the board a while now. Great board, plenty of information. I don't have a Mustang (yet) or even a car. But I do have a Power By Ford 71 F100. Does that count?
One question. I just put on some unported 69 heads on my 69 351W along with a comp cams 210 intake, 218 ex. .477int. .493 ex. The engine is a rebuilt bored .010. stock piston.What kind of hp and torque would you guesstimate it has. Thanks. Clint

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Clint, welcome to the FM board. You will find a lot of great info here, just ask. As far as your pickup, I'd say it probably has around 250 HP or so--adding a mild cam such as the one you described along with a good intake, carb, and headers, should really do good things for it, at least I would think that it couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mavman, I forgot to add that I'm running a performer intake and a Holly 600 but I have stock exhaust manifolds with 2 1/4" duals and flowmasters. Seen alot of posts about timing, mines at 10btdc but I need to play with the total some more, read the archive here and it is great info. How do you change the rate of advance besides springs? Can you get different weights?
Thanks for the welcome, Clint

1 - 3 of 3 Posts