Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and so happy to find you all. I am proud to own a 1963 1/2 fastback.It is so good to find friends who appreciate the quality and style of the ford galaxies.The information I have found here is so helpful in building my gal. I'm from Baton Rouge and there are not many galaxies in this area.I am the second owner of a 45000 mile white over gold fastback. It has the original interior in perfect condition.It also has a 352 but it did have some blowby and leaked oil like the valdez. I did rebuild the motor and upgraded to a 4 barrel with a comp282H cam.I was lucky to find a 63 4 barrel intake and originalford valve covers and air filter in chrome so under the hood looks great.

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You are right, this place is full of info of all kinds for all makes. I was happy to find this place myself and haven't been here long either.
I have a 64 XL convertible that has alot of bumps and bruises but have owned it since '77 and wouldn't part with it for nothing. Galaxies are great!

Deb

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Hi Southern63,

Glad to have you join us!
This is a great forum with a bunch of friendly helpful people. Just ask any question and you'll see how many answers you get. Most of 'em are right, even...

It awes me at times that there are so many folks interested in the old fullsized Ford Galaxies and Customs. For a long time, I thought it was just me that loved these cars....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I new as well. I have 63 four door. I like the galaxies cause they have the 60's look with a little of 50's flair. Subdued but there. Welcome.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Welcome to both of you! Fellow Galaxie enthusiasts are always a welcome sight to see here.

Jan, I know what you mean! Around here a lot of people don't even remember Galaxies. And these are folks who lived back then.

·
Registered
38 Posts
On 2003-11-19 23:37, 63Ford wrote:
Welcome to both of you! Fellow Galaxie enthusiasts are always a welcome sight to see here.

Jan, I know what you mean! Around here a lot of people don't even remember Galaxies. And these are folks who lived back then.
Wow. Around here every time i stop somewhere someone has to tell me about the Galaxie that they or someone they knew owned. Thats what I love about old cars.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Michael,

The wild thing is that so many of the early Galaxies are even around in the first place. Back my way, the '60-'64 Galaxies were prime demolition derby material due their leaf spring rear ends and hard to kill motors. I've got a pic somewhere circa 1972 of a demo derby at the old Canfield (OH) Speedway and most of the cars were Galaxies....

Jan

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
You got that right! I was on my way to a car show/cruise and some guy pulled up beside me in a Nova or some other chevy type make like that, I guess he was trying to figure out what it was or something. I'm so observant I hadn't even really noticed til he stepped on it and went on by. lol Alot of people seem to do that kinda thing though when you get out on the open highways.

Deb

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
On 2003-11-20 23:32, 1967xlfastbackgalaxie wrote:
Found a 60-64 Galaxie today where we picked up my dad's 66 Merc. I took a pic of it should have them developed this weekend. I will post them as soon as they get developed.
Cool, always love to see pics of Galaxies!

Deb

1 - 19 of 19 Posts