Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to introduce my self, name is Alex from Houston tx. I currently don't own a ford yet just a engine project in my garage. I drove a 67 mustang coupe in my college years with a 351w and also drove a 63 ford fairlane 500 sedan with a 260, I sold both cars and got married. I drove a 2010 Subaru wrx for a while and now drive a 2013 Kia rio. I think that now that I have settled down a little I want drive a ford again. I got the thumbs up from the wife to start my build. My options for a car are a 1965 mustang fastback gt350r clone or a Shelby cobra fia replica from era. Iam still undecided. Which ever car I chose will share the same drivetrain though. I hope to get a wealth of knowledge from this site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I forgot to mention what I was working on. I have a ford 302 h.o. Bare block that has been bored over .030, have a set of dss racing sx forged pistons, stock crankshaft that has been polished, stock reconditioned rods fitted with arp bolts, and a pair of rhs 160 cc heads. Heads are bare and will be fitted with matching springs once i choose a cam. I intend on running a performer rpm intake, but not sure of the camshaft or carb with my setup. I plan on driving this car on the weekends only. Transmission will either be a tko 600 or a ford top loader. What do you guys recommend? I was leaning towards a xe274hr cam from comp cams and a Holley 600 cfm double pumper but would like your input. I estimate my compression ratio to be around 10:1.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
It would help having the actual cam specs so people don't have to look through catalogs to figure it out. What kind or rearend gearing are you thinking about? I think the 6 speed would be really cool but having an old school Top Loader would be sweet too. Hard choice but with two extra gears at your disposal would be nice for those road trips!

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cam specs are:
rpm range: 2200-6200
valve timing: .006
lope seratation: 112
intake centerline: 108
duration: 274 intake 282 exhaust
duration @ .50 lift 224 intake 232 exhaust
valve lift .555 intake .565 exhaust
lobe lift .348 intake .354 exhaust

I plan on using between 3.55--3.73 depending on the camshaft, yeah i like the idea of having the overdrive. This is the camshaft specs for the xe274hr cam its a hydro roller cam. You think this is a good choice based on everthing else on my engine or do you guys have any other suggustions. gearing wouldnt be a problem as I can easily change that.

·
Administrator
21,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum Alex, great place here to gain knowledge and assistance! Kudos to the wife for giving the thumbs up! Without that you wouldn't be here. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts