Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1967 2dr Coupe. Enormous amount of engine work. Working on suspension now. Much more to come soon.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,
I bought my 1st Mustang a few years ago. 1967 2dr coupe. Highly modified 289. How highly modified, I’m not sure. It def has all aluminum heads, intake, ridiculous size carb, blah blah blah. I’m working on the suspension currently. Actually my horrible body roll. I’ve beefed up the front end, but I think I probably need new coil springs all the way around? Someone mentioned a rear stabilizer bar as well? It currently doesn’t have one. Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome! Thanks for including me gang!
Plz enjoy your day!
Joe

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome. 1967/68 are my favorite year Mustangs. Just so cool. A step up from the Falcon lineage and but still minimalist while improving on the sharp lines.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome!! Always fun to take on someone else's work, but that's part of what makes classic cars so entertaining. but it sounds likes a strong runner.

For the suspension, do you have any idea how old the components are under there? I'm thinking it may def be worth new shocks and coils at a minimum, then a rear sway bar. I was going to piecemeal the suspension improvements on my 65 Galaxie but said "screw it" and threw an entire Hotchkis kit on it...all the new parts made an incredible difference and the car is so much more enjoyable with any kind of driving...but at a co$t :cry:

·
Registered
2021 F150 STX
42 Posts
Bet its a nice rig. Gonna be lots of researching and shopping for parts. Keeping that part out of china is nearly impossible. Better than playing video games though. Make er run!

·
Registered
1967 2dr Coupe. Enormous amount of engine work. Working on suspension now. Much more to come soon.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome. 1967/68 are my favorite year Mustangs. Just so cool. A step up from the Falcon lineage and but still minimalist while improving on the sharp lines.
Hi Burt! Thnx for replying! I’m 62 and not real computer literate. This is my 1st Mustang ever. Sad face! Lol It’s not even a mid life crisis, or so I told my wife! A mid life crisis is at LEAST 50 grand (in my book!!!) and you guys know what 1967 Mustangs in decent(?) shape costs. I’m not even near halfway for the midlife crisis $$$!!!!! Winning! Keep me posted!
Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome!! Always fun to take on someone else's work, but that's part of what makes classic cars so entertaining. but it sounds likes a strong runner.

For the suspension, do you have any idea how old the components are under there? I'm thinking it may def be worth new shocks and coils at a minimum, then a rear sway bar. I was going to piecemeal the suspension improvements on my 65 Galaxie but said "screw it" and threw an entire Hotchkis kit on it...all the new parts made an incredible difference and the car is so much more enjoyable with any kind of driving...but at a co$t :cry:
Tony,
Holy crap a Hotchkis kit?!!? Omg I’m mad jelly!!!!! Well done dewd!!! I’ve done shocks all the way around. I put all new everything from the spindle out this winter. 4 piston discs on front, rotors, calipers, bearings BLAH BLAH BLAH lol I also put a drake sway bar up front. It’s twice the thickness (I think) of the stock sway bar. That ORIGINAL sway bar I took off was in bad shape. It’s better, but c’mon I’m kinda fussy about suspension. It still has bad body roll. Yes all coils look stock akkkkkkk! Is there a stamping on the coil springs that would tell me if they’re stock? Yes all new coils, and a rear sway bar will be going on. I’m gonna hafta call in a professional spring shop. I’m a good wrench (ya right? Lol) but don’t want to mess w coil springs. This nut still wants to drive my car! Thnx for getting back Tony! Have a great day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts