Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased my 1st Carbed, 1985 Mustang LX. This is my 1st Carbed car.
  1. PLEASE let me know what I have projected HP?
  2. What should be my next modification?
  3. Any weak points the car needs?
  4. General Maintenace Items- What kind of Oils & Lubricants to use, etc.?
1985 mustang LX 5.0 5 Speed. this is an original 8 cylinder car, not a 4 cylinder conversion. Torque boxes in great shape. It has a rebuilt 306 with less than 20,000 miles. Heads completely rebuilt with new larger valves and a bowl blend. Underdrive pullies, new distributor and MSD coil, new brake booster, new upgraded 100 amp alternator that isn't in the pictures but is installed. If your looking to go back with A/C I have all the stock brackets and bolts for the A/C and alternator. It has a Tremec 3550 5 speed with a Steeda Triax shifter, a new clutch and pressure plate, new adjustable clutch quadrant and new clutch cable. New aluminum Ford Motorsport drive shaft, poly motor mounts, electric fan, under drive pulleys, new Edelbrock performer intake and Holley 650 DP carb. The car does have subframe connectors. In the picture of the underside you can see where the end of one is welded on. The car also has double adjustable upper control arms in the rear and Southside lift bars. Also has a Holley electric fuel pump with regulator and braided fuel line.
New Tuff Stuff 1 wire 100 amp alternator added. Original wiring left incase new owner wants to go back stock.
Car has an 8.8 rear end with Moser forged axles and either 3.73 or 4.10 gears. Also has longtube headers with a Mac Prochamber H Pipe and Flowmaster 40 mufflers. Has a nice aggressive tone.

TIA!

Jeff
1985 LX

1 - 2 of 2 Posts