Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm Dani from Switzerland, I've just bought a 1963 Futura convertible, V8 with manual 4 speed tranny. The car is right now on its way to Switzerland should be over here in about 2 month.
The car is 100% stock, been with the same family since 1963, no resto, no mods, just services and normal maintenance. It still have ist original ming green paint and 2 tone turquoise vinyl which shows its age.
The car has very minimal rust, Ohio car but spent its whole life near Sonoma, CA, except around the LH rear quarter near the tail light.

My goal is to drive it as-is for 1-2 years and then make a full resto to bring it to its former stock glory.
I will post pics soon.

Dani

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dani. You'll find great folks here that are willing to help. Hope you receive your convertible soon so you can start to enjoy driving it. I have a completed 63 hardtop and a 63 convertible in the works. Just click on my flickr site to view. Good luck!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks, yeap, can't wait to get her!
As I will be in LA on the 10th of April, I will try to join the Socal Falcon club for their meeting...

Dani

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was last monday in LA and could drive my Falcon around the warehouse before it got loaded in a container. It runs just fine gearbox is good and clutch as well. But, it does run hot! The previous owner did change the radiator and the water pump but it still runs hot. What could help to cool it down?
Thank's,

Dani

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice ride Dani! I'm sure you'll enjoy many miles with her. As for your heating problem, if the radiator is a three core, I would suggest you install a fan shroud which will concentrate the air flow where it's needed. A four core would be ideal, however, I don't think there is enough room between the radiator and the fan. I'm also assuming you want to keep thing as stock as possible. Good luck with your new ride.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
What could help to cool it down?
Thank's,

Dani
Mmmmm.... The weather in Switzerland?

Someone will be along with some help. :smile2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice ride Dani! I'm sure you'll enjoy many miles with her. As for your heating problem, if the radiator is a three core, I would suggest you install a fan shroud which will concentrate the air flow where it's needed. A four core would be ideal, however, I don't think there is enough room between the radiator and the fan. I'm also assuming you want to keep thing as stock as possible. Good luck with your new ride.
Thank's! Yes, I'd like to keep stock, no mods. BUT if I need to cool it down then a 3 or 4 core will be installed.
The car is now somewhere on the Atlantic, can't wait to get her...:smile2:

Dani

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car is now in my garage, the 260 CI sounds just terrific!
I now have to wait for the paperwork to be completed and I will have the car registered. I will have to order new seats cover and carpet. Where should I order? MAC's? Or any other ideas?

Thank's,

Dani

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys,

My Falcon got registered in no time with minimal work on it. We now enjoy her on sunny days. We went to several oldtimer meetings, cool to be the only Falcon convertible here in Switzerland!
I received my new seat covers (2 tone turquoise) and new carpet from Mac's. Boot cover and well liner is ordered from Melvin since long but no news at all from them: are these guys reliable?

Now the engine (V8 260CI) is using quite some oil and will need to be rebuilt: can someone give me a good engine shop I can trust to send my engine? I want to keep my car stock. I'm ready to pay a bit more just to make sure that the job is done the right way...

Finally, I'm not happy with the carb: it's a rebuilt autolite 2100. I would go with a Holley or Edelbrock: which one should I look for? I've done some research and found out that 600cfm is max. Should I go for a 2 barrel or a 4 barrel and dual plane?

Last but not least, the car runs now cool, with a new 5 blade fan and a shroud... I changed the waterpump and the timing cover which was leaking.

That's it folk!

Dani

1 - 10 of 10 Posts