Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

newbie 70 1/2 429 falcon

9K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  okura_hubby 
#1 ·
Hello gents.
I just joined real quick to try to spread the word. I am listing a 70 1/2 ford falcon for my aunt. My late uncle bought it new. It prolly is the nicest you will find. If it was a vette ist would get the gold
here is a link ebay . If there is another forum I can join to share please let me know
cheers
gregz
I buy old kawsaki z1 900 "s 1973 -1973 get that plug in

linky
Ford : Falcon in Ford | eBay Motors

#2 ·
For sale. 1970 1/2 ford falcon. One owner. I am listing this vehical for a family member. Please ask questions and I will do my best to answer or forward them.

Rare 1970 1/2 ford falcon. 06551 original miles.Car is original unrestored a true survivior. 429 CJ engine,drag pack. 4 speed. Not sure but I think it is a 513 detroit locker rear end. I will check. Window sticker is available. The original magnum 500 wheels and goodyear polyglass tires were removed when new and placed in storage. They were just recently installed and look new. Interior looks new with the addition of a fire extinguisher. My research tells me only 11 falcons were sold with the bench seat and less then 90 with the 429 engine. Exterior of the car looks fantastic. There is some paint loss lower front fenders behind the tires. Black vinal top is just perfect. There appears to be some aftermarket items under the hood. Air cleaner accel coils and wires. Carburetor was changed and the original is included. This is very rare original car show quality. I will respond to all question. I live in NW Indiana and the car is located in the south suburbs of chicago.Good luck
...unfriggen believable... A FORD SLEEPER MUSCLE CAR...

I wonder what amount it will go off for... :confused:

#4 ·
Car like that (or those) are not Ebay cars, they are Barrett Jackson cars.. Market is too soft now for cars like those on Ebay. I know the two twins were on Ebay, I dont think they reached their reserve about 2 years ago I think..

I had a friend in NC who was a mustang lover but he had a Cobra with a 429 in it (basic same car as these) and he got it to flip and market went soft.

If the car dont hit its reserve I would contact Barrett Jackson and get it there. I am sure some juiced up rich guy will get you what you want. Get it positioned right on the right day and you can make a mint.

FYI..The Foose Falcon was on Ebay about 4 years ago. Dont think it sold throgh Ebay though.. If I remember right the reserve was insane like 40K

#5 ·
Car like that (or those) are not Ebay cars, they are Barrett Jackson cars.. Market is too soft now for cars like those on Ebay.
:eek: DAMN GOOD POINT! :eek:

It would be a shame to see this go to get street raced and torn up.

BTW- The models shown above have shakers, dead giveaway. I think just the scoop with RAM-AIR would be much better for a street sleeper (IMO).

#8 ·
I am just saying that those last year falcons (all of them) are sweet. And the owners know what they have, and the bottom $$ is probably above what Ebay customers are willing to pay. There is Ebay Price and then their is Barrette Jackson Price..

As for the Foose Falcon. I have seen pics and hear of guys rodding out their Falcons.. Taking them way beyond stock. This is nothing more than that, now the 3 tone color choices not so much. But I do love the white interior and shaved door handles. People would say my wagon is not right because I have buckets in it vs bench. But they are right year, right model of seat. Anyway if you restore it to sale it you keep it mild to please a larger audience. If you build it for yourself you go with what you like. I remember watching this show before I got my wagon. I think it sealed the deal on me getting a 1st gen falcon. Just fell in love with the body lines..

#9 ·
I'm with FE in his thinking.
Remember the tech bubble and housing bubble. Well, guess what, we also had a classic car bubble. The prices are spiraling downward. You can thank AS-SEEN-ON TV for that. Some that got in when the getting was good made out and made fools of others. There's no way in hell that a 60's Falcon on any other car of the same venue should warrant sixty grand. What's next? Old shoes. Picker's who buy old rusty signs!!!!!!!!
Media has a way of setting trends (setting people up) to buy anything at any price. Making fools of people. Some get over. Flip-This-House was one of the most popular shows on the tube until???and somehow they were first in line for a bail out.

Sorry, just had to vent. I bought my Falcon because it was one of my favorite cars since owning a 64 Sprint in 1970. I can do anything to it I want with no regrets or fear of it losing it's value.
So bottom line, those cars pictured on this post, I say 12 to 20 grand tops. Reason being: on the infamous Barrett Jackson, I watched, in despair, while a 64 Galaxy Rcode, 4sp convertible got auctioned for 19 grand. Beautiful car,but had the wrong badge.

#10 ·
I but the cars I buy because I love them, not always because I think I can make a boat load of cash on them, I have a few cars, and most are worth what I got in them, I am not over my head, but now, like you said, nothing selling unless SUPER RARE, and Prized, and yes, a Shelby 350GT is still high dollar, a standard Fastback, not so much....

#11 ·
Actually right now on Ebay there is about 4 Falcons that are at the extreme high end of what they would be a year ago.
I remember watching the show where the old guy with the white hair basically buys details then flips.. He stumbled onto a 63 Ranch with buckets and took it to one of the big auctions. It hit $15K and I thought nah, no one is going to pay that. And didnt sale. Now I see Falcons on Ebay with bids around that and they are resto-mods, not a bone stock original like that Ranch..

#12 ·
Now I see Falcons on Ebay with bids around that and they are resto-mods, not a bone stock original like that Ranch..
Resto-mods if done nice bring decent money. Most times more than a original. Except for the super rare stuff, But even seen a few really nice resto mods bring more than originals in the rarer stuff. Even at BJ many resto-mods bring more than originals. And they are easier to do. Don't have to hunt down all "original" parts.
Been happening last couple years. Really don't see the trend changing, I think the nice/thought out resto mods will continue to do well, but I could be wrong.

I think more people are bored with the originals and want something different. Also I think age of buyer plays a part in it. I have a buddy who is about 10 years older than me. He is all about original. I could care less (unless customer car) and prefer modded cars.

Here is a cool/different resto-mod Stang seems to be seeing some action. Think it is a relist though.
Ford : Mustang none in Ford | eBay Motors

The Falcon OP has look really nice. I would think higher 20's maybe more with right marketing. Also agree that it should go to BJ to get max money.

#14 ·
That modified 68 looks great. all the hard work is done and it's got a friggin glass fastback top to go on it. Clever.

The mods are not too bad, I think any after First Gen mustang is fine becasue starting in 67 (although the 67 and 68 are not too bad) Ford basically ruined the mustang design anyway...

Worth $40K? Well it's getting bids, and might even sell, but I don't think it will go too much higher than that.

#15 ·
FE.. Everytime I invest.. If you call it that.. In my Falcon Wagon. I am going jesh I wont get this back.. I talk to my friend he said if you wanna keep it spend the money. If you want to get rid of it dont, you will never get your money back.. I think your right on prices coming around on Resto's..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.