Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever change a front windshield?? Mine was cracked, so I have a new one to install. I removed all the trim, etc. and used a wire to cut the 'goo'. While doing a final cleanup I noticed a small "L" or "V" shaped piece of rubber around the perimeter of the window opening. It looks like it's purpose is to give a nice straight finished edge when looking out the window from the inside. (keeps the black spooge from oozing into the inside of the car) and also space the window up off the body the proper amount. Anybody know what I can use or where to get it? Thanks, Jim.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1bad6t on 11/15/06 3:09am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
a hardware store should have some corner stipping plastic in a few different angles. and a auto parts store will have the tar tape. have a friend help you do a test fit prior to putting the tape down and make sure at the bottom of the glass from the outside you wont see the tape/tar(a roll of round tube sticky tar). i did my 66 windshield and you can see the tar along the bottom from the outside. no biggie, but it looks better if you dont see it...so put it futher down but still sealing the glass. if you get caught up and cant find the plastic piece, i will take some pics this weekend for you so let me know...good luck. i do these things myself to save big money, but yes a window installer can even come to you and get er done. or you can go to them! good day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts