Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was replacing the front shocks in my '66.....which took longer than expected. One done I went to move the car and no brakes. I must have hit the main line coming off of the master cylinder. Upon inspection it was in rough shape so I am thankful it happened in my driveway and not on the road! Now the stupid question. How is the hose connected on the junction block? The master cylinder side is threaded and came right off but I can't get it off of the junction block. Is it a special fitting requiring a special tool? It is corroded so I cannot get a clear look at it. I am looking for a replacement on line but everything shows a compression fitting instead of a standard threaded fitting. Any insight to help me would be really appreciated!

It's the original drum brake system with a single master cylinder.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am not a pro, but we did the same line on my '65. I recall it was a standard replacement line, with the flare nuts. I bought it straight off the rack at Napa. Comes in assorted lengths with the flares and nuts on it. It was kinda a pain to put on, I had a helper hold the junction block so I wouldn't break or kink the other lines. I strongly recommend a brake line wrench also.
Hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.