Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if I could get some help. I am currently restoring a 1967 Galaxie 500 hardtop. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips. Tips about anything, things to watch out for, Parts (this is the biggie), good autobody shops, places to get chrome work done. I live in central minnesota so if the information could be location sensitive that would be great if not that works to. You can also email me with anything.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
On 2006-08-28 20:30, gt67galaxie wrote:
Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if I could get some help. I am currently restoring a 1967 Galaxie 500 hardtop. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips. Tips about anything, things to watch out for,
Welcome

This is one of the best boards online

being that this is a pretty broad question, all i can say is -

take photos
Put everything in bags and label them
Always use jackstands
if you get angry, take a break
Treat your woman right ;D
Dearborn classics, G donahue etc are really pricey - Napa, autozone is not and you can often find alot of the small parts you need - steering, suspension, brakes etc

L

·
Registered
646 Posts
you Found a good Forum and a great place for info, Congrats!
As far as advice, it is all here somewhere. Take some time to read, and learn how to search for topics. General rebuild Q's are good here. More technical stuff might be better on one of the other forums but remember this, We were all new to this once. We got help then and now it's our turn to pass it along. Be patient and ask good Q's if you don't find the answer thru search.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Be willing to do alot of reading and research. It is as much of restoration and the actual hands on itself. Get prepared. Get your work space just the way you want it and make sure you at least have all the basic tools. What you need from there will reveal itself as soon as you go to do it, and can't. I woudn't do any restoration with air impact tools and a nice big compressor; at least a 60 gallon or if you can do it get one of those huge 220 volt jobbies, then you will want for nothing. Good luck. Read read read.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Welcome!! Always nice to have another 67 around! I am sure you will get alot of help from everyone here. This forum has been invaluable to me with mine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the advice. Does anyone know of any good places aside from dearborn to find quality parts?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gt67galaxie on 8/31/06 9:14am ]</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts