Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here and i just purchased a 68 XL. Even though this is not my first Galaxie, i wanted to join this forum to participate and help any way i can. I will also be getting another one next week or 2 for a parts car that was hit pretty hard. Any parts that someone may need you are more than welcome to them. Maybe someone will have something that i may need.
Im really excited to fix this car up as reading some of the posts on here really gets my blood pumping. Down in South Mississippi

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
It's always good when newbies can post a pic of their ride so we can all enjoy.

And welcome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. I will get some pics soon of the car. I was lucky (i think) that the car runs very well and trans shifts smooth along with the pwr strng. the only thing missing is the ac compressor. I gave $1375 for the car with a clear title.
I happen to work for a Ford Dealer (28 years) in service, so i have alot of eager beaver techs wanting to help fix it up.
I found another 68 that was smashed in the back bit all the parts are there, so im going to strip it down for parts and trade parts (hopefully).
Unless someone has come up with a better way to fix the vac system for the headlights i guess ill switch over to electric motor or use ford probe ones.
Maybe someone could shed some new light on that one for me?
This wont be a show car, but it will be a nice car.
One of my techs wants to put some lake pipes on it already!
Again thanks for the welcome

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi.

i too have a 68xl except mine is 428. im sure we will be helping each other alot! i have already asked several questions here and have great responses from all here. like yours i dont think im going show car route but want a car that will be fun! and get driven.

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts