Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
There are signifant changes in store for the 2015 model year which will debut in 2014. Rumors are three engine options 5.0, 3.7, and a 2.5 Eco Boost. Somewhat smaller, lighter, and an independent rear end :cry:. Revised more modern styling likley some kind of a cross between the curent Stang and fusion. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Stang and Fusion does NOT belong in the same sentence..... just sayin'....

They have it right, right now..... M2C

MRO.....

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
The bar was set pretty high by the 2011 models. But Ford has shown time and again lately that they can put out incredible cars. A smaller and lighter car that has an independent rear suspension coupled with a direct injected V8 would be pretty amazing. The current 5.0 was designed to be direct injected in the future so maybe twin turbo it for the Shelby and don't be surprised if there is a twin turbo V6 like the Eco Boost and also a turbo 4. With the current competition bringing cars like the ZL-1, 1LE, and Hemi Chargers, Ford is going to need a pretty badass car.

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
In a way, I hope it looks like a taurus too...just because I dont want to 'want' one :)

IRS might be a necessary evil marketingwise, but I really cant knock the job ford did with the stick axle in the S197...the car handles and rides great.
will be interesting to see if the 650hp shelby gets a stick axle on the '15, just hard to imagine them using the same rearend for a 300hp I4 as a 650hp V8 in IRS configuration...who knows.

most renderings floating around with info from folks that have seen tidbits of the 15 are all heavily similar to the ford EVOS concept car...a neat concept car, but it dont scream mustang to me like the 2005 did- my second favorite bodystyle ever(69 fastback had prettiest lines IMO) and I hope ford gets the mix right... mustangII was car of the year when it came out, but long term was probably the most forgettable/least 'mustanglike' in most folks opinions- 2005 was a welcome update to me- from the press at the time, a lot of other folks too.

my biggest worry about the Mustang is that I think Ford has priced it out of its core market. with the basic stripped V8 now 30k, with options theyre often pushing 40... guessing a '15 V8 will be starting out closer to 35 base.
just seems kinda not where the mustang should be in my opinion. my 09 was mid 24 range with rebates, about my 'pain threshold' for a new car, had it been 30 it woulda been someone elses. someday that 09 will be my next new mustang- its stored with 4 miles on it, ordered it the day after the '10 reveal, identical to my 06 gt...when the 06 eventually dies, a replacement awaits- if I die first, the kids will have a nice one to auction off...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts