Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this photo today having never seen this one before. Taken the same day as the other "Sudden Death" photoshoot pics, January 1977. Wasn't published until the July 1998 issue of Hot Rod.

Location is Farmington Road, Livonia, MI, near the old Livonia Cemetery where the other SD pics were taken.

Great pic of Jack Roush behind the wheel. Looking at the front tires, appears he's hammering on it!

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Very cool car!

My Dad met you and saw the car yesterday at one of the Cruise Ins down there in Florida.
He Loved the car, had to call me right away and tell me about it. LOL

He was driving a Blue 64 Fairlane.

Jet

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very cool car!

My Dad met you and saw the car yesterday at one of the Cruise Ins down there in Florida.
He Loved the car, had to call me right away and tell me about it. LOL

He was driving a Blue 64 Fairlane.

Jet
Small world! I did take it to town last weekend. Had a great time for the couple of hours everyone was there. I remember the Fairlane!

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
You will have to ignore FE, as most of his cars are all 4 lug and 6 cyl or less.

To his credit, Mrs. FE appears to be Hot! LOL

Jet

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cute little pinto....? is that the best you can do? that car is worth more then any of those cars you got . and thanks for the respect for other peoples cars but us mustang II owners are use to that . but really Cute little Pinto......and seeing that we are talking about pintos .whats wrong with a pinto?any way if you dont have nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all..........

thank you and thats all ( loving my cobra II my everyday)

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Dang - chill out and screw your brain back in. :frown: He knows, and he was kidding, obviously. It wouldn't make sense for a comment like that unless it was pointing out how NOT a Pinto it is. I think an apology is due him, as he was joining the conversation in fun and light-heartedness, pointing-out exactly what you guys are so sensitive about. Instead of appreciating it - you bash him like chihuahuas on crack. Outright dissing is rare here, and you have to assume it's in jest. If it's not, you'll know soon enough.

David

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow that is a tuff looking car I love the old skool slots and those big meats stuffed in the back.Pretty kewl piece of history. Where in Florida are you? I am on the east coast 160 miles south of Daytona.Those Mustang II and Cobra Ii cars got underated but they weigh less then any Mustang made and when you stick some big ponies you got a beast and something to be reckoned with.I know a guy who raced a 4spd Mustang Ii and use to slotter the competition.Don't ever put those cars down as if you ever meet up with one that has some ponies tucked under the hood your certainly gonna have a hard time trying to tame one as they can be one wild ride.I know the guy racing the 4 spd car pulled wheel stands with his just about every pass and he was kickin the snot out of the big blocks.Certainly should show a little more respect to these cars cause without them the Fox Body to Current Mustang would not exist.I had a 70 Sportroof Stang and loved it but wow what my 351C would do stuffed into one of the 74-78 Mustang II generation.I wouldn't mind building one of these after I finish my 72 Gran Torino Sport 429

·
Registered
192 Posts
Cool My first Ford was a 78 Pinto 4 banger, Had lots of fun in it, was a bit cramped. So much better on gas than a Road Runner.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well you know what AssUMe gets you.As a Moderator on another forum I can say this. Never type something that can be interpreted as an insult or put down and if you are joking then should follow by J/K or LOL but my suggestion is not to poke fun of or joke with someone who does not know you .Common problem on forums as sometimes people don't respect others,don't write anything that you would not like written to you if the shoe was on the other foot.So as I see it maybe he was poking fun or he doesn't know his cars well which I doubt as this was posted in the 74-78 Mustang section.There is nothing wrong with a Pinto either but would you like your car called a Chevette? So as I see it Mr. FE does not disserve an appology and if he was on the forum I Moderate I would tell him he should say his appologies and I would delete his comment and any other negativity and if it continued the offender/s would get a little vacation to think about it.I have no tolerence for ignorant child games.If you know the member well clowning around is no harm but when you don't the written word is often taken litteral so caution & consideration should always be taken if you don't want your words misunderstood

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Its not the first time this has happened. Hell he called my car gay once, but oh well, I have thick skin. We build our cars for us, not someone else.........

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
OK You bitchy little pussies. That car is worth NOWHERE near what my falcon is worth, as NONE of you could EVER afford my Falconaround. :)

That said, YES it was a joke you dolts! It took you fools almost a week to get offended! If you had come back within a day or so it would have been evident.

Secondly, you insult ME and my rides becasue I said Nice pinto... I didn't say anything derogatory, and if I was on YOUR forum Mr. Hindsight, I'd have likely said the same thing, and knowing other forums like I do I would have NOT added the JK or LOL, because Thin skinned idiots make me sick.

I'm NOT calling you an idiot, just the people that are thin skinned and sensitive about nearly everything and have to throw out insults after a jest.

If nobody remembers I owned a car much like the car in this thread, but my 2.3L was a bit under powered in comparasin. :D :D (there are your smiles and JK and LOL's now boy's, get some self confidence and buck up)

FE

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well it is a shame that this thread has to be subject to any of this.And Mr.FE how the heck do you know what we can afford. I happen to know of a Falcon that is one bad beast and is a 7 second car.regardless the insults or personal comments need to stop on either side and if I was the Mod here I would delete all this non sense and keep just the replies that actually have some kind response and the rest would go.At this point this is doing no good. I think enough has been said from either side and time to drop it

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
I was calling names at you folks, not trying to insult you. Geeze! Can't nobody take a good cussin anymore? :(

And Mr. Kustom, the reason I know that nobody that's ever visited this board can afford MY Falconaround is that it's NOT for sale, and is without doubt the nicest and most perfect 1961 Falcon 4 Door Deluxe Sedan in the entire USA. :D :D :D

Can't we all just get along? I think that this damnable Race Stang II is a bad ass car, but if folks can't take a little jab, like I do with my Falconaround every damn day, (My grandma had a car just like this...) then they're simply not worthy of any more of my attention ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.