Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to know where i can access a list of tech rules on the internet. Lookin to take my stang to the track and would like to know what I need to have. Thanx alot

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Have you ever 'raced' your car at a sanctioned NHRA/IHRA track before?
What does it turn, or what do you think it will turn for an ET?
Are you going to be running slicks?
We can give you some basics '(i.e. what to have, what not to, etc), with that basic info.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well i had the same question. Im probably going in the summer when my project is done. But then ill have 650DP holley, aip-gap intake, Windsor Jr. heads, Probably like a .488 lift cam, think ill stick with stock pistons and crank for now, T-5 with 4.11's, 15x8in rear drag radials. All on a 289, 1966 mustang.I dont know, but i might switch out pistons to put in TRW for a 75 shot of giggle juice. but anyone know what about ill run? and what mods to make to my car for safy rules? thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
Here is a condensed version of the NHRA rules.
http://members.tripod.com/MY5LTR/NHRArules.html

The NHRA used to have the full rule book on theie site in .pdf format. The link has since been pulled, but not before I saved all of it to a doc file. If you have a question thta's not in the consdensed version just ask.

The IHRA is very similar with a few changes based on ET, with the IHRA not being quite as strict.

Later,

David Cole

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never been to the track before just lots of street racing. Ill be running slicks. 351w ported heads and 125hp kit. Im hoping to get into the 12s on bottle and 13s on motor. Thanx for all the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts