Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about hooking up my box to only activate Nos within a certain rpm bracket. I was thinking 2800 to 5500 rpm. An suggestions. The setup I have now is any time I hit wot. Hard on engine at lower rpms I believe.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Thats an interesting idea... but how would you do it? Maybe with the MSD digital box?
Now that I know you have NOS, I'll have to keep that in mind when i see you on the street

·
Registered
293 Posts
I dont know much about NOS setups, but MSD makes RPM activated switches that plug into their box. You just use one of their RPM "pills" to set it. Summit should carry them.
Tracy

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 685 mallory Hyfire VI control box it does it all. Im really happy with the features. I wired the NOS rpm window today now I just set the range. It all so has a built in 2 stage rev limiter (havent hooked it up yet) . So I can trigger say one off the brake switch set close to stall speed then a high speed one as well.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Why would you whut off the nitrous before your shift light comes on? Seems like a better way might be to have the nitrous shut off a few hundred RPM before the rev limiter instead.

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts