Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a Awesome weekend! I won it all in Joliet! Champion in the NMRA Truck/Lightning Class. Not big attendance due to unseasonable cold weather with scattered showers, but HorsePower was in the air! Only major mistake I made this weekend was jumping on the transbrake WAY too early on a 14 second truck. I put on the pressure instead of cracking under it. I had to wait at the tree on every truck I raced. One round I thought I'd try to be tricky and when we both had lit all the bulbs, I punched the gas hard and let back off while on the transbrake. When I did, my opponent went red by .180. I also was very cautious on my burnouts, when we were given the signal, I made sure my opponent started before I did. That way they couldn't hesitate and cool my tires for me. I just felt really aware the whole weekend. I ran a [email protected] in qualifying with 100lbs on board. They gave me a 9.73 dial. The truck I forced red...I saw his red lite and decided to run it out the back door to see where I was at with the weather change. I ran my NEW BEST! [email protected]! My pit partner said you better throw 20lbs back in it. I told him that my reaction times were not consistent and that I would just fender race on the big end if I needed to. My best reaction time of the weekend was a .007.

YouTube - Fordmuscle Ranchero Joliet 2009

·
Registered
289 Posts
How much nos you running?
BTW I love watching you run beating all the new stuff

·
Registered
289 Posts
When is Pinks All Out?
Need to record it

·
Registered
289 Posts
Can't give out the show ending huh

·
Registered
10,308 Posts
... One round I thought I'd try to be tricky and when we both had lit all the bulbs, I punched the gas hard and let back off while on the transbrake. When I did, my opponent went red by .180.
Great job you sneaky bastard! :D

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Excellent job!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Way to go Rick. Looks like some of those runs tripped the sixty foot timers on the rear tires.:D Fun ain't it?

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Way to go Rick. Looks like some of those runs tripped the sixty foot timers on the rear tires.:D Fun ain't it?
Thanks guys. If I'm trippin' the 60ft beams with the rear tires at 1.30....Hmm makes ya wonder what it woulda actually been doin' don't it? hehe. Yes...very fun doin' wheelstands! The bigger one in the left lane made me go back to the pits and check my headers and oil pan! My instant center seems to be right on the money pulling 1.30 60fts with a ladder bar. So, before going tube chassis & 4 Link, some measurement WILL be taken! This will save me alot of dial in time on the new chassis.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts