Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still troubleshooting my '72 Bronco which I've converted to run on an '87 mustang engine with mass air. I recently purchased a code tester for the electrical system on the engine. I read codes fine with the engine off (all codes read made sense because they were for things like the A/C, which I don't have hooked up). I then tried to get codes while the engine was running and got nothing. Does anybody know what this means? I should have at least got a response from the code tester.
Could the problem be that I don't have a lot of things hooked up that came stock on that engine such as warning lights, ps, a/c, etc.?

Thanks in advance,
-Eric

·
Registered
809 Posts
Sill sortin it out huh?

If you have too many faults in the KOEO test code 98 (hard fault), is usually generated. Not sure why it has no codes with the engine running. What codes did you have in the KOEO?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Sill sortin it out huh?

If you have too many faults in the KOEO test code 98 (hard fault), is usually generated. Not sure why it has no codes with the engine running. What codes did you have in the KOEO?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, still figuring things out. I thought I had it running pretty well for a while, but after driving it a while and investigating, some things are still not quite right. I believe my main problem has something to do with the plugs closest to the firewall being dark (I believe the numbers are 4 and 8 ) - do you know what would cause that?. I also have a loss of power that occurs occasionaly during acceleration, but I think this is a seperate problem because it just started doing this recently.
Anyway, the codes that were detected while the engine is off were: 67, 81, 82, 85, 87, and after the seperator code 95. I'm not running A/C, the smog pump, power steering, and there is no speed sensor for the mass air computer.
Any thoughts???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Huliner on 2/28/02 1:03pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Huliner on 2/28/02 1:04pm ]</font>

·
Registered
809 Posts
I wouldn't think those codes would keep it from generating codes when running. You said you had no speed sensor. That usually generates code 29, (at least mine did) yet yours dosen't. I don't know what to think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts