Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this one guy come up to my truck at a cruise-in and say "Is that kinda like a Elcamino?" I said no.. an El camino is kinda like this this. hehe, El Camino didn't start production until 1959. One of our club members put a sign on his once saying "NO it's NOT an El Camino" . lol.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I get that all the time, "Hey Man, Sweet El Camino". It's a Ranchero, you know made by Ford. And the first thing that comes out of his mouth saying to his friend was "it's an El Ranchero" lol.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There is nothing worse than sitting at an All Ford Show...and some moron comes up and says that's a nice el camino.... hehe... twice this year that has happened... I just politely pointed out that this is an All Ford event and the only el camino here is the dumpster sitting around the corner.... Please Don't Litter :D

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
I had a similar thing at an All Ford Day, where some kid was looking at my Cleveland, and said to his Dad, "Is that a Chev?"

·
Registered
541 Posts
I had a similar thing at an All Ford Day, where some kid was looking at my Cleveland, and said to his Dad, "Is that a Chev?"
The Dad"s reply.
"No son, It makes to much power"

·
Registered
120 Posts
another great is...... wow... is that a 454?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yea that was priceless also an All ford show... the dad asked if it was an elcamino.... I pointed at the fender and then kindly pointed out there were no chevies on the field.... he had this stupified look on his face...and his son yelled "Yes... I told you dad... Fords Rule" hehehe that was a priceless moment... :D should've got that picture LOL

·
Registered
662 Posts
On a related topic, with re to my '73 Rancheo 500, upon seeing the fender script, I have been asked if that is the Ranchero with the 500 horsepower Cleveland and also asked if it really has a 500 cubic inch engine. The answer of course is always yes!

·
Registered
120 Posts
you too???? LOL I've heard that.... remember the Sinister show I did with all those ricers...??? LOL they were convinced RED was a Ford 500 hehe... but then again... I did kick their collective behinds... LOL too much fun.... it should be illegal...LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts