Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But, I still have front running lights,dash,and dome. Would that be something other than a fuse?

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rear bulbs are good! Did not look at the plate light yet, rear ground wire? Or headlight switch????:confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ran into a similar issue on my 73 Ranchero. There are several items you can do to chase the issue down. 1) As suggested check with test light to see if sockets are hot? 2) Follow the harness along the underside of the fender wall and look for any ground outs or breaks in the wiring, if so repair and test again. 3) go to fuse panel and inspect the fuse box for defective fuse, 4) Check leads to/from switch to ensure you are connected properly. 5) Last resort is look for any ground outs at the rear of vehicle to make sure you are getting proper current.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had to run a new wire, all fixed! I may add I added new silver bulbs,much brighter!

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you got it!
Thanks! I was good in the morning drive to work till the time change! I'm excited! Now I don't have to keep my eye in the rear view mirror! 82 degrees today! Gave her a real good cleaning!! Now off to a St Pats/ St Joes party! :):tup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Brightness could also be the new wire. If the old one failed it may have been slowly increasing in resistance as it went open. As the strands broke you would have had fewer conductors for the current. But then it's always a good excuse to get something new for our rides. Happy to hear it wasn't difficult to find or fix.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I understand that,but there is a huge difference! These bulbs even made my turn,and brake lights brighter! and there was nothing wrong with that circuit! I'm changing my front turn bulbs next! Then my Galaxies!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts